dad, talk to him

*three weeks later.*

"Come on, Sam!" Tim whisper yelled into the walkie-talkie. "If we don't get them to make up, we'll never get to hang out for the rest of the summer, and we'll never get to be brother and sister!"

Sammy sighed from the other end of the line. "fine..." she said "I'll ask my dad again, but I doubt it'll work."

Tim punched the air in excitement and jumped up. "I think I'm gonna give my dad a pep talk." he said. "Tiny-box Tim out." He dropped the walkie-talkie and walked into the kitchen where Mark was sitting at his laptop and sipping his coffee. Tim walked up to the cabinet and stood on his toes but couldn't reach what he was aiming for.

"Daddy," Tim said. Mark looked up, one eyebrow raised, "can you get my cookies down for me?"

Mark nodded and got up and pulled the cookies down and handed them to Tim. "here you go, champ. don't eat too many or you'll spoil your-" *ding* Mark's phone dinged alerting him that he had a text message. "Dinner..."

It was from Jack.

It read: "Sammy is dying to see Tim. Can you at least bring him over so they can hang out?"

Mark sighed.

"I think that you should talk to him." Tim said, cookie in hand and eyebrow raised just like his father does.

"excuse me?" Mark said and half laughed. "I'm and adult and-"

"Then why don't you act like it, dad?" Tim retorted and stood up, dropping his cookie on the table. Mark couldn't even reply, he was so shocked with his son's reaction. "If you're an adult then start acting like it and go and talk to Mr. Sean about your guys' fight. I'm twelve years old and I know that you guys should talk about it. You always tell me to talk things out, don't ignore the problem, so why are you doing it?" he paused. "Plus Sean makes good cake and he made some last night and I want some."

Mark thought for a second. "okay," he finally said. "okay, you're right, I'll talk to him. go get your shoes on." Tim ran out of the room and towards his bedroom while Mark picked up his phone and clicked 'reply'.

"We should talk. I'll be there in 15 min." he texted back.

"Wait a second." Mark stopped dead in his tracks and whispered to himself. "How does he know that Jack made cake last night?"