48. Mystery Spot

Começar do início

Doris arrived with a tray holding two coffees, a milk and a bottle of hot sauce. "Two coffees, black, two milks, and some hot sauce for the-" She gasped as the hot sauce fell off the tray and smashed on the floor. "Whoops. Crap! Sorry. Cleanup!"

"Whoa!" Kit exclaimed.

STREET

A dog barked as Sam, Dean and Kit passed.

Dean grabbed the Mystery Spot flyer from Sam's hands. "Sam, joints like this are only tourist traps, right? I mean, you know, balls rolling uphill, furniture nailed to the ceiling, they're only dangerous to your wallet."

Sam glanced at him. "Okay, look, I'm just saying, there are spots in the world where holes open up and swallow people. The Bermuda Triangle, uh, the Oregon Vortex-"

"Broward County Mystery Spot?"

"Well sometimes these places are legit."

"All right, so if it is legit, and that's a big-ass if, what's the lore?"

"Well-"

Dean collided with a blonde girl who was carrying a stack of paper.

"Excuse me," the blonde girl said.

Sam continued. "The lore's pretty frigging nuts actually. They say these places the magnetic fields are so strong that they can bend spacetime, sending victims no one knows where."

"Sounds a little X-Files to me," Dean commented.

Sam, Dean and Kit passed two movers trying to get a desk in a door.

"Told you it wouldn't fit," the first mover said.

"What do you want, a Pulitzer?" the second mover retorted.

"All right, look, I'm not saying this is really happening, but if it is, we gotta check it out, see if we can do something," Sam told his brother.

"All right, all right, we'll go tonight, after they close, get ourselves a nice long look," Dean replied. "Before you ask, little lady, it'll be past your bedtime, so you'll stay in the car."

MYSTERY SPOT - NIGHT

The hallway was neon green with a black double spiral painted on the walls and door. The door opened, revealing Sam and Dean with flashlights. Sam pulled out the EMF reader. Dean shined the flashlight around and up onto a table, lamp, and ashtray attached upside down to the ceiling.

"Wow. Uncanny," Dean noted.

Sam examined another table with a wine glass and a poultry dinner, this one at an angle to the floor. The two of them moved on.

"Find anything?" Dean asked.

Sam was still holding the unresponsive EMF meter. "No."

"You have any idea what you're looking for?"

"Uh, yeah." Dean raised his eyebrows. "No."

Dean shook his head and shined his flashlight around other parts of the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" the owner demanded.

Sam turned to look. Dean pointed his flashlight and handgun at the voice. The owner had a gun aimed at Dean. Dean pointed his gun elsewhere.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, we can explain," Dean said.

The owner pointed the gun at Sam. "You robbing me?"

"Look, nobody's robbing you, calm down," Sam told him.

The owner pointed the gun back at Dean. "Don't move!"