"It's sort of understandable," Espio said as he thought about it, "But it won't make it easier."

"I know," Shadow said disappointedly.

"Doesn't make what easier?"

Shadow and Espio flinched and suddenly the chair next to him screeched. Silver looked interestedly at both of them as they sat down.

"I.. a... uhm," Espio stuttered, startled.

"The material," Shadow said quickly and pointed at the open geography book in front of him

Silver frowned, "But that's chapter seven, we didn't even start on that one during the lessons."

"Oh right," Shadow said with an awkward chuckle, "That's why I didn't get it."

Silver's eyes twitched as they looked at the both of them, "So you two have been studying for a full hour on the wrong material?" They asked sternly.

They both scratched their heads awkwardly as they didn't know what to say.

Silver rolled their eyes, "So what will it be, the right material for geography, or biology as planned?" Silver asked.

"Biology," Shadow said as he closed the geography book with a thump.

As Silver was helping Shadow out with his studies, Espio looked interestedly towards them from over his book. Silver seemed more upbeat after drama class. Still not their regular self, but it sure was improvement.

Shadow smiled in relief when Silver talked about plant growth and the senses of plants, how they can heal each other and how they can communicate with their roots.

"You really know a lot about plants," Shadow said fascinatedly as Silver didn't even need the books for background information. He head was leaning in his hand as he looked at Silver as they explained.

"Well, I work at a plant store, of course," Silver said. "I think it's fascinating how such a little seed can grow into something as beautiful as a flower."

"Yeah, beautiful," Shadow repeated.

It was quiet at their table as Shadow did the test Silver made for him to practice on. He was concentrating hard with his tongue sticking out of his mouth as he wanted to do everything right to make Silver proud. Espio had switched his math book for a newspaper and took a sip from his coffee. He had just taken his painkiller so the pain in his horn faded quickly. Silver was reading a philosophy book and taking notes. There wouldn't be any philosophy test, but Silver liked the subject so much that they didn't mind gathering more information and thinking about different theories.

"Done," Shadow said as he laid down the pencil and pushed the papers towards Silver, who took them to check his score with interest. They silently flicked through the pages and took some notes, counting Shadow's score.

"Not bad," Silver said, impressed "That would be a B minus."

"Really?" Shadow asked surprisedly.

"Really," Silver confirmed with a smile, "If you want to improve, you could focus some more on the leaf shapes and plant structure," They suggested.

"I will," Shadow said, who took the paper back from Silver.

"And how are the rest of your studies going? Is it all working out with Tails' program? Did you practice on it every day and rewrite the history timeline?"

"Oh...." Shadow said and scratched the back of his head, "Well.... Actually. It kinda has been a busy weekend," He said guiltily.

Silver raised their eyebrows, "You haven't worked on it at all the past few days?"