2

todd pov

i sat down on the couch as my new android got to work doing the dishes in the kitchen. at least there was no backtalk this time from it. though something felt different inside of me ever since my daughter alice and karie or whatever her name was ran away. i had found them in the train station and called for security to capture them but changed my mind last minute after my old android had stopped me and told me about how my real daughter had left with my wife and i had bought an android daughter to make up for my loss. something about it telling me that really made me think that maybe these things really were alive. not to mention the rallies that had taken place in the streets of downtown detroit just a few weeks ago. androids were supposed to be free now, but that sure didnt stop cyberlife from producing them and selling them in stores. maybe they were given a choice for what they wanted to do now, or maybe they just manufactured them differently so they wouldnt gain a mind of their own and turn deviant. i didnt really care either way though. i just didnt have a burning hatred for the things anymore.

i could feel my new android watching me from the kitchen. i was about to turn around and yell for it to mind its own business, but i stopped. something about this android seemed different from the others i had encountered. maybe living with this one wouldnt be so bad after all.