Chapter 1

~~~Vic~~~
My names Victor, I go by Vic though. I'm 17 and a junior at clairemont high, I've lived with my mother all my life. My parents split when I was about 12, when they say they take half they mean it. My dad took my brother and I stayed with my mom, my brother just came back to live with us before this school year. Were both Juniors I'm 17 and Mike is 15 he was smarter than his class. My father left because he couldn't handle being a father, I think it was because of me though. He could raise Mikey, but he claimed he couldn't raise us. I was diagnosed with depression about a month after my dad left, I don't blame my parents for it though. Most kids blame bullies, their parents or something mine? Mine started because I hated myself, I hate my weight, my hight, my hair, everything. I started self-harming because I wanted to know what it felt like, I still have my first scars. I know that sounds stupid but I did now I'm an addict of 4-5 years.

I expect sophomore year to be shit, I'm not bad bullied but I've had my times. Mike was always taller, hotter, and more popular. I, I was the geek, the fat friend and the weird kid. I've had a few friends but they all got bored of me.

So here I am, in the shower crying my eyes out for no reason. I try not to self-harm because I don't want my little brother to catch on and do it. I don't want my parents or anyone else seeing it either, Tony already seen it and told me how he used to but I just told him it was an accident. I learned to hide it better after that. I have always wanted to beat my record of 6 months clean but somehow I end up relapsing every time. As I drag the razor across my thigh for the 3rd time a knock on the door scares me

"W-who is it?" I say with a shaky breath.

"Dude, sorry to bother you, but I really have to use the bathroom. I shouldn't of drunk those bottle of water."

"Mike can't you just use the other bathroom!" I was trying to get my leg to stop bleeding but the water wouldn't run clean.

"Dude, this is the closest one. I really have to go!!" He whines.

"Fine! Don't touch any fucking thing, just piss and get out." I unlocked the door and held myself climbing back into the shower.

"Thank god." He ran in, he wasn't kidding when he said he had to piss.

"Can you please hurry!" I was praying he hasn't seen anything. I wasn't used to sharing my bathroom, mom used her own and would stay out of mine.

"Why bro, are you busy? You know the shower the best place to masterbate."

"No would you get the fuck out now!" I screamed at him throwing a shampoo bottle over the shower certain.

"Ow! You jerk." He pulled the curtain back, throwing the bottle at me. Panic race through me, he closed the cover like he didn't see anything.

"Just leave" I said as calm as I could. I hoped he wouldn't see anything.

"Hey man?" Once again panic ran through me.

"Y-yea?" I said with a shaky breath.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What?" I turned off the water.

"Can you hand me my towel?" My leg had thankfully stopped bleeding.

"Have you ever got the feeling, that the reason mom and dad spilt was because of you." I heard the cabinet opened. "I been thinking that, that night when dad left and took me." He handed me the towel, he didn't look in so that's good. "I been feeling like it was my fault, I could of stopped it but I was to scared too."

"What did he say to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"did he ever tell you why he left?" we walked into my room and i grabbed my long boxers and some sweatpants

He walked over sitting on the bed, he wasn't facing me, so I quickly throw on my clothes.

"I-I don't know."

"Mom didn't tell me either" I sighed falling back.

"Y-you think its because of us?" He asked.

"I don't know what to think Mikey, you guys left years ago."

"I can't get that night out of my head, every time I close my eyes, I relive that day."

"I don't even remember it." I honestly didn't remember the day my father left, I hardly remember him anyway.

"Why is it that I can remember it? I don't wanna remember it, I wish it'll go away."

"Maybe cause you were the one ripped away? I was at a friends house, I came home and was told my brother and father left us." I sighed looking over at him, I don't like reliving anything about my father. I'm only close to mike cause we facetimed everyday since he was 13.

"I didn't want to leave, I never wanted to go with him." He wiped the tears that have fallen from my eyes.

"He made me go with him, he said I didn't have no choice but to."

"I'm sorry Mike" I pulled him into my chest, a few minutes later I heard his snores. He must have been exhausted, I removed his shoes and pulled the blanket over him.

"Hey mom?" I walked out into the hall.

"Yeah sweetie?" She's turned away from the TV.

"Why did dad leave and take Michael?" I hated asking about him but I couldnt just let this go again.

She sigh, and patted the seat next to her. I slowly made my way over to her, I seat down beside her. "I know this was coming, but I didn't expect it this soon."

"I just need to know, I don't remember anything about him, about why they left, when they left nothing mom."

"Honest hunny, I don't even know why your father left. He just said he couldn't take it no more, he told your brother to pack up. I tried to stop him, but I-I couldn't."

"Why didn't he want me?" I barely whispered.

"He wanted you. I told him he couldn't take you, I didn't even want him to take Mike."

"So you did this? I don't remember him and its because of you! Are you the reason he never called or sent me birthday wishes or Christmas cards!?" I could have had a relationship with my father all these years .

"It wasn't because of me Vic." Tears streamed down her cheeks. "It wasn't me!" She repeated.

"I-it doesn't even matter" I stood up pulling out my phone

"I'm leaving, and don't expect to see me in the morning. I don't know when I'll be back." I walked into my room and gathered clothes.

"Yea Oliver, can you come get me?" The phone call I always regret.

~Lots Of Love, Madi