0 : Prologue

It seems like I am in the Elshire forest. The forest that covers the majority of Elenoir, Kingdom of the elves. I checked my pocket and it seems like she's still there safe and sound which relieved me and took out a portion of my guilt.

I pushed my pathetic self up the ground and dragged it towards a nearby pool of muddy water.

I'm supposed to be not thirsty but why? Why is my throat dry? Why does my superior body need something like water at a time like this? Just... why do I have to leave her?

Do I even have the right to drink this? I don't... even deserve to live anymore. I should've at least fought, but I didn't. I trusted my heart and followed mother's order and now I'm here, dejected, after witnessing her mother die in front of myself.

A pathetic son who couldn't even save his mother. If I have helped her we could've-

E-ehem test, test.”

“M-mother!”

I turned my head towards every direction but I couldn't find her. Her soft white long hair and her beautiful lavender eyes were nowhere to be seen.

“Hello art, if you're hearing this means that it has finally happened.”

A recording... huh?

“I know that I was foolish but this is the only way I could do to attain my sins.”

No, you do not need to attain for your sins nor you are foolish. You are the best, not only you took care of us both but you accepted me knowing who I really am.

“You already know everything that's supposed to be hidden from this world Arthur.

Indeed, I know everything. The situation in Alacrya, the Djinns, the massacre, whose blood flows inside my body. I know it all.

“There is no reason for me to record this because you already know all of it. But, for the last time, I just want to thank you. Thank you for accepting me as your mother, Thank you for letting me experience motherhood. Thank you Art, my dear son.”

“Remember that no matter what choices you do, I will support it no matter what. This is my last word for you my son, Farewell.”

I waited for a few seconds expecting more words to come but it didn't. Mother is now gone, I'm... alone again.

Seemingly in cue, I then felt a small sting on my thigh and saw that the egg is shining.

It seems like my little sister is mad about me thinking that I am alone so I'm gonna stop doing that.

I stood up, looking at the forest that unfolds before me. Tall trees that I'm unable to see the top, and the mist that covers almost everything here. This definitely is the Elshire forest.

I need to find somewhere to stay, either the beast glades or somewhere not accessible by humans. The Alacryan spies should be all in the human side based on what mother said but that is years ago when the time she escaped.

I also can't trust the Dwarves because they are associated with the humans. So the best bet would be the beast glades or Elenoir.

Walking down the pathless forest, I immediately felt foreign mana signatures that do not belong in this area. It is not a local mana beast nor an elf, it is mana signatures of humans.

I jumped, placing myself on top of a huge branch of one of the tall trees. Crouching on the huge branch, I closed my eyes to observe the humans more.

There, surrounded by the humans is a mana signature similar yet different from them. Judging from it's presence that have some similarities to the forest, I concluded that it was an elf, an elf child to be precise.