Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"I don't care." She mumbles to me.

"Would my babies like some cheese buns?" I ask her.

She grins shyly, "They would love some cheese buns."

I chuckle, "Okay, then that's what you'll get."

Katniss gives me a half smile and sticks her tongue out at me.

"Watch it, I can't pin you down anymore but I'll still grab your tongue." I warn her.

"Oh, whatever." She says spitting at me.

I walk towards her and she hides behind the counter.

"Come here, you brat." I say, chasing her around the kitchen.

"Nope, you'll have to catch me." Katniss says, making funny faces at me and sticking her tongue out more.

I can't help but to laugh too, I love her so much.

"You're going to be running from me all day because I refuse to chase my pregnant wife around the house." I say, deciding not to start this.

My luck she's going to get herself hurt.

"Peeta..." She groans.

"I'm sorry, Katniss. I don't want you hurt."

She pouts.

"No, that face isn't going to work on me this time."

"What about the next time?" Katniss shoots.

"Very funny."

She smiles, "Yes, it was."

I smirk at her as she urges to continue trying.

"That face isn't going to work for another four-ish months." I inform her.

Katniss scoffs at me and walks away.

I laugh quietly to myself and start making her breakfast.

"Katniss..." I say, dragging her name out.

"What..." She says, dragging her words out too, I can hear the smile in her voice.

"I love you so very much!" I call out to her and she gives me a cheesy grin as she watches me take everything out for cheese buns.

She let's out a laugh, "I love you too."

I smile to myself as I begin making her food.

"So, I decided I'm not going to open the bakery until Willow is 6 months old. I want that long to stay home with you." I tell her.

"Peeta, we'd be fine and you need to start your business soon. Everyone misses the bakery and it won't be long before someone else moves in town and you don't have any business."

I sigh and look over at her.

"I don't know, Katniss. I want to get started really bad but I don't want to miss anything." I say truthfully.

"I know you do but like I said, hire staff and we could go up there with you some days." She pushes.

"I don't know what I'll do yet. I wish I could just live there like before, you know? I could have you both with me all the time." I tell her.

"Well, I would love to do so but there isn't any property available here. And we already decided we didn't want to move if we didn't have to." Katniss says.

"I know, I was just rambling. I don't want to risk a fire either. At least if there was to ever be a fire at the one we open, it wouldn't hurt us or our home." I tell her truthfully.

I do not want my home and the bakery in the same place or anywhere anyone could get hurt.

"Are you wanting it on the old property?" Katniss asks.

"I don't know, sure, I would like it to be there but being that it's my families ashes on the soil, I would like to sell it and buy some land somewhere else in town." I tell her truthfully.

She frowns, "Do whatever you want, Peeta. I'm going to support you in anything that you decide." Katniss says.

I look over at her, "Thank you."

"If you want, after we get all this baby stuff taken care of or in between, we can start working on your menus and recipes and stuff. Like you said you wanted."

"What?"

"I want to help you design your menus and find recipes for the menu. I want you to paint on the walls and hire your own people, like you said you wanted to do."

I can't help but to smile like an idiot.

"You remember that."

"Of course I do. I was going to suggest it before your family died, the bakery thing just to tide you over until I decided to have a baby but it turned out differently." Katniss says softly.