Chapter 8- The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

"R-right, sorry." The music continued for another 30 seconds and then stopped. The band scheduled to play began their first piece while Draco pulled Pansy by her wrist out of the Great Hall and around to corner to the start of the labyrinth of moving staircases.

"What's wrong with you," Pansy started but shyly stopped. She looked dead into Draco's eyes. 

Draco grew uncomfortable in this moment and then began to blink a few times more than normal.

"What!?" He bit at her, getting greatly irritated.

"Your eyes! They're different colors!" Draco's eyes were split wide at this statement and he started to blink furiously.

"No Pansy! NO!" 

------------------------------------------------

Harry finished the dance and his feet were already sore. He hated the dance and he hated his date. He had nothing against the poor girl, but she was nothing like Draco.

But Draco was no where to be found. Harry would do anything to dance with him, even if it took them being alone in a broomstick cupboard or an abandoned hallway. Harry told Ron that he was leaving to the restroom, lying, and he set off to find Draco.

He turned the hall not knowing where he was going, until once again he heard voices.

"What?" The masculine one said- Draco!

"Your eyes! They are blue!" The girl said. Harry assumed it was Pansy, and of course he was correct. Why was Draco so upset about his eyes changing color? Sometimes, depending on the time, Harry's would change from pure emerald, to a greenish brown, or even a lighter green. What was the big deal?"

"No Pansy! NO!" Harry was about to go comfort the boy but

"You can't tell me you are falling for him! What happened to him falling for you?"

"I'm not falling for him! Like hell I would ever fall for Potter! He's pathetic!"

Harry must of heard incorrectly. Didn't Draco have a huge crush on him?

"But Draco, we've gone so far into the plan-"

"I don't care about some stupid plan Pansy! I don't! What were we supposed to do after tonight? I've already hugged that urchin! What's next?"

There was silence.

"Pansy, a kiss. No, never in my life do I wish to kiss Harry Potter! It would be hell, and you know the rules about my first kiss. Bottom line is: I don't like him, I never will ever like him let alone love him, I'm never going to fall for him. Don't you see how much of an idiot he is? Falling for the son of a death eater! It was all just a joke!"

"So what do you plan to do? Dump him," Pansy asked. Harry couldn't take any more, his anger getting the best of him, so he revealed himself from around the corner.

"You don't need to," Harry said darkly.

"Well if it isn't Potter," Draco gave the biggest smirk he could possibly have, cocking his head to the side, "Possibly the biggest fool in the entire school. At least you made it easier on me, now I don't have to cause a whole scene in the Great Hall. I can just laugh at you now." Draco started to laugh when a fist connected with his nose, and he was thrown to the ground. Harry jumped on top of Draco pinning him to the tile beneath him.

"So it was all just a game," Harry shouted. His eyes were watering and his throat closed. 

"Well yes, if you haven't noticed by now," the blonde said with a smirk.  

A hand connected with his face once more.

"You've had me falling for you for weeks, just distracting me? You really hate me that much!"

"As a matter of fact, yes I do," Draco stated as blood poured from his nose. "It was hilarious to be honest with you! I had you chasing after me like a lost puppy. My only regret is you finding out now."

"I hate you." Harry with as much malice as he possibly could. A tear flowed freely from his eye but he wiped it to look into Draco's eyes. Pansy was right, Draco's eyes were a blueish silver, almost mercury, but they reflected a single emotion: hurt. That couldn't be possible; the plan was completely unreal, fake, fabricated, and this was probably another part of it.

Draco paused a bit and conjured a free hand without the scarhead noticing. Draco's face went from sort of sad to the biggest smirk he could produce at the time and then said "The feeling is mutual, Potter." And he punched the confused boy.

Blood spilled from his nose onto the floor which distracted Draco. He felt his stomach twist and heart burn. Draco stared down at the pool, not noticing the fist connecting to his nose.  

One pool of blood became two and they were throwing punches faster and faster. Pansy knew she had to stop this before it got too out of hand, but before she had the chance

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU," Professor McGonagal shouted.

"Professor," Harry started but was stopped by her hand, which he was hopeful for, because what story could he come up with anyway, especially with the banging headache and loss of feeling in half of his face.

"I don't want to hear it! Both of you have detention in my office December 26th at 7 a.m. and 50 points will be taken from both your houses. Now off to the hospital wing, the two of you! Now!" And she waited for them to leave.

"Nice fooling you, Potter," Draco said before he turned his back. Harry was about to punch him in the back of the head, but the professor sent him a stern scowl and he turned to walk away as well.

Harry nor Draco went up the hospital wing, but to their separate common rooms, with heavy, sad hearts.

"I'll get you for this Malfoy, just wait and see," Harry blinked through his tears as he walked up to his dormitory.