Chapter 8- The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

"Wow you look beautiful, Pansy," Draco was astonished. The girl really did know how to dress up.

"Thank you, you look quite stunning yourself. It's sure to make Potter jealous!"

"If all goes right, I might have him falling so hard for me tonight, no matter how fast he climbs, he will never get out." Draco smirked.

"Ready to go," she said and she held out her arm.

"Yes I am." He assured himself that the pocket watch was in his right pocket and took the girl's arm headed down to the Great Hall together, trying to keep himself from yearning Potter's arm instead. The one he had was too weak.  

-------------------------------------------- 

Harry waited by one of the many torches that lit the school for Parvati to show up. He was standing next to Ron whom felt as if he wanted to die. The robes were hideous and he had received laughs already and the night hadn't even begun. But Harry refused to leave him; they were best friends and appearances meant nothing to one another.

Just then Hermione walked down the staircase leading to the Great Hall, Draco and Pansy following right behind her. There were gasps as everyone saw Hermione, but Harry's gasp went to Draco. He looked absolutely stunning. The only thing Harry could see was the blond.

How he strode down every step, and how flawless his hair was, and how beautiful his flawless face was dazzled Harry. What seemed like forever Draco reached the bottom and everything was in slow motion. He continued to stroll to the doors, as he passed Harry he winked and said "like what you see, Potter?" And then continued on as if nothing happened.

Harry just stood there wished he would return until Hermione snapped him out of it.

"God, what's Malfoy on about? You were just looking at 'Mione," Ron stated in disgust. Harry agreed and complimented Hermione on her fabulous attire until

"Champions over here please!" McGonagall could be heard from throughout the whole school with the volume she pursued. Ron took his date into the Great Hall and Harry lined up with the three other Champions. 

Draco picked a spot near the ropes which led the path for the champions to walk through. The music started and the doors opened. First Cedric and Cho walked in, following Victor and Hermione, Fleur and her date, and Harry and Parvati.

Harry, and whoever that girl was, were locking arms and Draco's heart felt something, something he's never felt before. The closer and closer they walked towards Draco and Pansy, the more and more this pain grew and the more the hurt intensified. 

"Draco," Pansy said over the roar or the crowd, "stop making that face, it looks like you want to rip Patil's throat out!" Draco quickly adjusted and covered his face in a mask.

The music changed from heroic to classical and the dancing began. Everyone was twirling wonderfully, but Draco didn't care. He kept his eyes on Harry and Patill.

They were extremely close, dangerously in Draco's point of view, and the way that Harry looked into her eyes drove the Slytherin mad. He had his hand on her waist which also seemed alarmingly low, even if it was her midback in which his hand was. It should have been him in those arms, not that stupid girl.

Then suddenly Draco was pulled by Pansy onto the dance floor. Draco didn't realize how many people were on the floor itself until he ventured onto it. Most people were stepping simultaneously, while a few were sitting on the side waiting for courage take over.

Draco, in a trance and completely out of focus, stepped on Pansy's foot as the horrid disease that caught him on fire spread to his stomach.

"Ow," she complained, "What has gotten into you?"