وہ ایک رات | That one night

Start from the beginning

A minute later, he looked up ahead and spoke with his voice broken "She committed suicide" ayesha couldn't help her gasp, nor dilawar stopped his tears. He bite his lips hard and spoke again "she wrote a suicide note where she wrote my name on it, along with what I did and she kept that paper on her living room, while she went away to eat many medicine at once - after five minutes only, she was rescued as their house help read it and saved her. The doctor cleansed her blood and she was saved-"

With a small, unnoticeable smile on his face, he spoke. Even if she was mad, disgusted by him, she heaved a sigh of relief. Atleast he wasn't a murderer! She thought. Dilawar gulped "Her...Her father was mafia" ayesha tensed up "he hunted me down" Dilawar squeezed his eyes, tears escaping the prison of his lashes.

"Her father was in mafia and after a week of her recovery, he hunted me down" he licked his lips and stood up, rubbing his chest "It was after eight, my father used to eat early and then play carom with us - that night too, after dinner me and my father were playing carom and samina - my twelve years old sister doing her homework, my mother in the kitchen at that time when door bell ranged"

Dilawar sat again, his eyes focusing on the sky from the window, looking at one brightly shining star "knowing how busy we get with playing, my mother went to open the door and all we heard was a shrilling scream of my mother and we heard shooting - three times" Ayesha shook like a leaf, her eyes wide, staring at him.

He continued with silent tears rolling his eyes "They were three men, sent by the father of that girl - they killed my mother, we were crying, yelling, we were scared, my father was fighting with them, two of them destroyed our house, our whole house, they trashed every furniture, they broke the picture hunged on wall and the man fighting with my father, made my father kneel on the ground, while I stayed away, scared, crying with equally shaken up sameena hugging my side - I saw my mother being killed infront of me"

Dilawar stopped hearing her sniff but ignored it, she wanted to know it all! "Then...they told my father" he choked on his tears suddenly, as if the certain part of his part hurts him the most, he cried heavily, his words barely making sense "T-they to-told my papa....tha-that I bullied a g-girl so bad that....that she diedd"

Ayesha gasped, dilawar continued to sob, cry and rub his chest. Ayesha couldn't comfort him, not now "T-the look on papa eyes broke me....he-he was disappointed in me....he looked at my fifteen years self with such hatred that it still haunts me....they shoot my papa five times in head....without any warning and my papa died - while being disappointed in me"

Dilawar screamed, he couldn't bare to remember it again, the look on his fathers face, the blooded face of his father, with holes on the skull, with his mother already dead at the front door, he couldn't bare to remember his sisters screams, his innocent sisters. He continued "T-they mercilessly killed them for my mistake and tied me to the pillar......t-they were ruthless....they were laughing at our misery ayesha.....they laughed at the screams of my sister.....my sister...twelve....t-they ra-raped her ri-right infront of my eyes"

Dilawar broke down completely, he couldn't sit straight and fall down on his knees, in the state of prostation while ayesha couldn't stop her gasp, she was bewildered. It wasn't what she expected, the crying of Dilawar, the heavy and broken cries of his shook her as she got on her knees and hugged his back, all while her tears never stopping, mourning with him.

Her heart tearing apart in two, looking at him crying with his heart. His screams, the way he would call out for his papa and mama, it shooked the heart of ayesha and she hugged him, he hugged her back immediately, needing the comfort, his heart was in pain, it was hurting so bad, his air supply was cut off with his heavy cries and he felt like he would die.