ᥫ᭡.│Our Little Secret

Comincia dall'inizio

Arius blinks at me as he sits down across from me.

He takes a sip of his water and then says, "This isn't child play, princess."

Did he just call me princess?

I stare at him for a moment before I take a deep breath and pounce.

Niko is quick to drop his controller and grab me.

Normally, I would've let Arius go on with his stupid remarks. But I'm so stressed over this whole thing that I went from peacemaker to fuck the peace.

"You guys are the worst teammates. How do you two expect to do this if you can't get along?" Niko sighs and continues, "If you guys are serious about this, get it together."

And that ladies and gentlemen is why my brother is captain of the hockey team.

"Whatever," Arius mumbles and I begin to calm down, "Fine."

We're silent for a few minutes before Arius sighs, "We can do your idea, but let's add a twist. Someone sent me this photo..." Arius brings out his phone and shows us a picture.

A picture of Kadie soaked in the chocolate milk.

"My god, she looks horrible." I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing. But Niko doesn't.

He bursts out with laughter, I even catch a small smirk on Arius's lips.

"We can print multiple pictures of her and paste them onto cartons."

I started to overthink it.

"What if this counts as bullying?" I feel sort of guilty, Arius side-eyes me before saying, "Aylee. She fucked the guy you liked to get back at me. Trust me, she deserves it."

And I don't feel shit anymore.

"Besides, didn't she bully Mencia for years?" Niko adds in and it's enough to stop my overthinking.

"Right, fuck her." I give them a curt nod.

Arius leans back onto the couch and starts texting on his phone, "I'll have the cartons done by tomorrow. You just have to make sure everyone gets chocolate milk for lunch."

I know just what to do.

"Perfect. It's settled then." I stand up from my seat and bring out my phone to add a reminder.

I'll be volunteering during lunch to help distribute the food. I'm sure Principal Henry will appreciate that and knock out some hours from detention.

"I have to go now. See you tomorrow on the ice, Niko. And Aylee, see you at detention."

Arius stands up and walks right out.

But I quickly followed right behind him.

Against my better judgment, I've decided to be a little nice girl.

"Arius, wait!" I open the front door and quickly stop him in his tracks.

He turns around to face me and walks back up to the porch. I close the door behind me and go to stand a few feet away from him.