Part 10 : Brother and sister

Start from the beginning

"Bhaiya, mai yeh toh nhi jaanti aapne Dad se kya baato ki par agar Dad ne aisi koi bhi baat kahi ho Jo unhe nhi kehni chahiye thi, ya jisse aapka dil dukha ho toh unke taraf se mai maafi maangti hoon.." Shivangi raised her hands to join but Arnav immediately lowered them.

"Kya kar rhi ho, Shivi? Maine pehle bhi kaha, phir se keh raha hoon, behen ho tum meri. Kon si behen apne bhai ke aage haath jodti hai, batao?"

Shivangi's tears spilled over. She hadn't even asked for so much from her life. She was blessed with the very best anyone could ever have. Her eyes clouded over with the memories of the day Arnav had first called her as his sister.

"Shivangi?"

Shivangi looked up at the source of voice and found her colleague and her best friend, Aniket Singhania smiling down at her. For a moment, she forgot all her distress, and found herself smiling back in greeting.

"Hi, Ani. Tum yahan?"

"Ye toh mujhe tumse puchhna chahiye, Shivi." Aniket took a seat beside her. "Tum yahan kaise?"

Her smile faltered a little before she wore it back effortlessly. "Dad ki ek meeting chal rhi hai. I just came to meet him. Woh kal se ghar nhi ghar nhi aaye toh I thought mai hi aakar mil lu."

Aniket nodded at her as he discreetly dismissed the receptionist who was about to approach them as soon as she saw Aniket. They were just outside Arnav's cabin. He was in a meeting and by Shivangi's answer, he assumed her father was also in the same meeting.

"Aur tum? Peon ki job ke liye apply kar rhe ho?" Shivangi asked, suppressing her smile.

"Nhi, yaar, Bhaiya ne kaha receptionist ki job toh mil hi jayegi!" Aniket answered back coolly.

The response had Shivangi laughing out. Aniket smiled. They randomly talked for some time. Aniket was there to meet Arnav. Both of them stood up when they saw Arnav coming towards them. Arnav saw Shivangi and smiled at her warmly. "Hi, Shivangi."

"Hello, Bhai." Shivangi greeted back with a smile. "Kaise ho aap?"

"Mai thik hoon, Shivi. It's been you long you visited home?"

"Haan, Bhai, thoda busy thi." Shivangi replied back with a slight smile.

Arnav smiled back in acknowledgement. He had known her for a long period now. To start with, she was Aniket's best friend ever since they had met. To add on, her family business was closely associated with Arnav's.

Aniket looked at Shivangi. She smiled in an assuring manner. He nodded back with smile. The interaction was noticed by Arnav who let it slide away, with an amused smile forming on his face.

"Inform kar diya hota, Ani. Wait kyun kar rha tha?" Arnav asked as both of them made their way towards Arnav's cabin.

"It had been just a few minutes, Bhaiya!"

"Toh andar aa jata...."

"Bhai!" Shivangi called out to him.

Arnav and Aniket turned around and looked at her. Shivangi hesitated. Arnav walked up to her.

"Koi problem hai, Shivangi?" Arnav prompted her to speak.

"Kya hua, Shivi?" Aniket surprised her by taking her hands in his. She stared at their interwined hands for a moment before looking back at Arnav.

"Um, can I see Dad once, Bhai? I mean can you..." Shivangi almost regretted asking that. Kabir never liked her interference in his professional life. He had strictly asked her to not even visit his office unless it's an emergency.