Part 10 : Brother and sister

Start bij het begin

"Kya hua, Arnav?" Ashi asked but Arnav just say down on the couch without offering an answer.

Right behind him, Aniket walked inside with Shivangi. Ashi was delighted to see Shivi. She had been trying to get the girl talk to her but failing every time. She approached them with a smile but Aniket walked past her and faced Arnav.

"Kya kiya aapne?" Aniket directly came to the point.

Arnav looked at him calmly. "What do you mean?"

"Cut it, Bhaiya. You know exactly what I mean!" Aniket snapped in annoyance.

The light squeeze on Shivangi's hands made her look up. Ashi gave her an understanding nod. Shivangi's eyes clouded with guilt. She didn't know what she did to recieve so much understanding from them. The assuring smile on Ashi's face told her that Ashi knew everything.

"Bataiye, Bhaiya, kya baat hui aapke aur Mr. Oberoi ke beech?" Aniket questioned. There was a desperation in his voice.

"What's the matter, Aniket? Kya baat hai?" Arnav asked, his tone as calm as ever.

"Wahi toh mai aapse puch raha hoon, Bhaiya! Kya baat hui aap dono me? Mr. Oberoi iss rishte ke liye maan kaise gye?"

Arnav looked surprised, pleasantly surprised. That was quicker than he had been expecting. "Maan gye?"

"Don't pretend that you don't know anything, Bhaiya!" Aniket retorted. Kabir had himself called him over and asked to consider about wedding. He even requested him to bring Arnav and Aashika over so that could talk and finalise everything accordingly. Aniket knew nothing or no one other that Arnav could have brought this change of heart. He never wanted Arnav to approach Kabir for him.

"Ek second, Ani." Shivi intervened, gently coming ahead of Aniket.

The brothers looked at her. She turned to Arnav. She knew she had no rights to speak amid the brothers but she wasn't giving up her rights that she had as a sister. She approached Arnav.

"Kya baat ki aapne Dad se, Bhaiya?" She asked, struggling hard to control her tears.

Arnav took her hands in his own and spoke in his ever so gentle voice. "Bharosa hai mujhpe?"

Shivangi's eyes filled up and a line tear rolled down her cheek against her own wishes.

"Khushi ka mauka hai, Shivi. Yeh aansu kyun?" Arnav wiped away her tear gently and smiled. "We all have been waiting for this day, Shivi. Trust me, this is the happiest news we've heard."

Shivangi looked at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of guilt and gratitude. "Samajh gyi aap nhi bataoge, Bhaiya. Mai jaanti hoon mera yeh kehne ka haq nhi hai, kyunki aapne jo bhi kiya apne chhote bhai ki Khushi liye kiya. Par phir bhi.." Her voice choked but she held herself together.

"Thank you, Bhaiya! Agar Dad manzoori nhi dete toh mai sayad kabhi khush nhi reh pati. Aapne mujhe meri zindagi ki do sabse badi khushiyaan di hai. Mai kabhi aapka..."

Arnav stopped her by hugging her gently. "Maine Jo bhi kiya woh sirf apne bhai ke liye nhi balki apni behen ki Khushi ke liye kiya. Uske chehre ki muskurahat dekhne ke liye kiya."

Shivangi found it very hard to hold back her tears and she didn't have to either, as Ashi pulled the girl in her embrace, offering her the safest place to let it out. Ashi's heart went out to the girl. As a girl she knew exactly what Shivi must be going through. It's not easy for a daughter to bear her father's indifference. Kabir being happy in her happiness would mean the world to Shivangi.

"You've always been family, Shivi. Yeh toh ek din hona hi tha! Hum jald se jald aayenge!" Ashi cupped her face.

Shivangi looked at her. She remembered how her father had behaved with Ashi, and still all she was offering to her was pure love. She slightly turned to face both Arnav and Ashi.