Listen To Your Heartbeat

"Ikaw ba talaga gumawa nung souffle?" pagtatanong ni Joshua nang may halong pagdududa.

"Oo nga! Ano bang tingin mo?" siya namang pangungumbinsi ni Jeonghan sa bago niyang kaibigan.

"Nothing, it just seems impossible for a thirteen year old like you to come up with that recipe."

"Wow, grabe ka na sa'kin. Tingin mo ba di ako nag-grade two?"

"Huh? I didn't mean that. I know naman na naka-graduate ka naman sa grade school. Di ka naman aabot sa 11th grade if you didn't pass it," ang seryosong pag-aapela ng nakababata sa dalawa.

"Hahaha!"

"What's funny?"

"Ikaw! It was just an expression - yung 'kung di pa ko nag-grade two."

Sinamaan lang siya ng tingin ng kausap niya. Saka siya iniwan sa may lababo at nagsabing maliligo muna ito bago sila lumabas gaya ng napag-usapan nila kanina.

Joshua was done eating after about thirty minutes since they started their friendship. They used this time to get to know more about each other, mostly the basic stuff - going only deeper into details when needed. But Jeonghan carefully avoids topics that are still sensitive for Joshua and the latter noticed it and was grateful deep inside. So in that short amount of time, they get to be comfortable with each other.

They both tried to protest on doing the dishes so they end up doing the task together. While doing the dishes, Joshua can't help but admit to Jeonghan that he loved the food, both the pasta and the souffle - especially the souffle. And when Jeonghan told him that he made the souffle, he can't believe it. I know it's easy to make pancakes. He himself can cook one on his own. But to come up with something really uniquely good, he thought it was done a professional.

"You know, you could be a good chef someday, like your mom."

"I'm sorry, what?" Jeonghan slightly jumped from where he was seating when he heard Joshua talked. He was just reading some magazines to kill time while waiting for his new friend to finish taking a bath.

"I said, you'd be a great chef too, someday. If you want to pursue it. You got your talent from your Mom, I'm sure."

"Bolero ka rin pala, Joshua."

"It's not bola, Jeonghan. It's true! The souffle was so good I thought the food was all prepared by your mom. But then you told me na you did it, so I thought kanina na you should try being a chef just like your mom."

"So you thought of me pala while showering?" asked Jeonghan with a smirk. Since they've become friends, he has not been holding back in showing his playful side to Joshua. Since this morning, he was throwing jokes already and couldn't stop teasing his new friend whenever possible, just like what he commented.

"What?! Ikaw... It's not... Hindi kaya... Kanina ka pa." Since Joshua has now been totally comfortable with Jeonghan that he has been easy to read. Just like how he has shown tints of red on his cheeks with his now same-aged friend's teasings.

"Hahahaha! Ang cute mo maasar."

"Hay nako! I think ayaw na pala kitang maging friend."

"Uy wag naman. Sige I'll stop na for now. Are you ready to go down?"

"Yeah, tara na before I could change my mind pa."

The two friends made their way down to the hotel's kitchen. But before they could even start roaming around, Jeonghan asked Joshua if they could first pass by his room as he still needs to ask permission from his mom. Joshua agreed saying he doesn't have that much of a choice since he was their guest. And it would be rude to just enter places that are off-limits to guests even if he is already friends with the owner's son. Jeonghan took out his personal key from his pocket and unlocked the door to his room so they could enter.