LIAR - wonwoo

— in which jeon wonwoo is a bad liar

LIAR
j. wonwoo

"again?" you whispered to yourself, your eyes rested upon the box of pocky that laid comfortably on your school desk. you glanced around the half empty classroom, looking for anybody suspicious, before inevitably sighing quietly and sitting down in your seat.

it had been about two weeks since it started. first, it was a chocolate bar. then, it was snacks from the convenience store nearby school. then it became a handmade painted bookmark, loads of small cute things like stickers, so on and so forth. some random person had been anonymously leaving gifts on your table, which had you highly confused in the first place, but whenever you'd ask anybody around if they had seen somebody come into your classroom, they'd shake their head.

mind-boggled, you decided to put it aside as you opened your notebook and started your early revision. mid-term exams were coming up, and you surely did not need to know what type of earful you'd get from your parents if your grades didn't go up.

"got it again today?" the boy plopped into his seat beside you, his eyes focused on his nintendo switch as he glanced on the pink-coloured box at the side of your desk.

"yeah, they're persistent. i still have nothing on them, other than the stupid cat drawing on the sticky note again." you mumbled under your breath, busy memorizing material you had taken down during class yesterday.

wonwoo smiled softly, "hey, i think the cat's cute. maybe he's a cat person?" the boy joked, straightened up as he put his gaming device away, reaching into his bag to get his books out.

you rolled your eyes, "i love cats, but the more i see it just staring at me from my desk, the more it seems like it's mocking me." you pouted slightly, glancing at the boy beside you.

you and wonwoo had been best friends ever since you met in the first year of high school. apparently, getting placed next to each other during assembly was enough to make you guys bond over the funny speeches given by the club presidents that were trying extremely hard to recruit first years.

it was never difficult to be with wonwoo. you felt safe with him. you guys were tied to the hip, everybody acknowledging that it was almost impossible to separate you two. you haven't fought once, and you were already in your last year together.

after your first class, you and wonwoo changed into your pe kits and made your way to the school gym. both of you had brought your badminton rackets in advance, ready to jump in your weekly dose of badminton sets.

only a few minutes into playing, right as wonwoo served into your court, your name was called from behind you. the sudden shout startled you, causing you to react slow to wonwoo's serve. the boy shrugged as he smugly grinned in return, as you put your tongue out at him in response.

you turned around to find the source of the person who called you, suddenly faced with a boy with a tulip wrapped in newspaper awkwardly resting in his hands.

"y/n! this is from minho." the boy you hasn't recognized said quickly, shoving it into your arms before running back to his friend group, the brunette haired boy standing in the middle of the group of friends, shyly smiling at you.

majority of your class who saw the quick exchanged woo-ed, causing you to raise an eyebrow at the boy.

he was a nice guy, but he had never taken an initiative to get to know you before this, it was pretty sudden to you.

lost in your own head, you snapped back to reality once wonwoo snagged the flower from your hand.

"hey!" you glared.