╰┈➤ ❝ [ 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 ] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Light, careful fingers caressed your face, neck, and shoulders.  You pursed your lips, trying not to laugh at his attempts to wake you. His breath fanned over your cheek, lips trailing over your brows. 

"Wake up, my love," Loki sang quietly.

"You can't make me," you replied, stubbornly skewing your eyes even tighter shut, "There's nothing you could possibly do."

You laughed softly. You felt Loki snake his arm around your body, pulling you closer to him while his lips ghosted under your neck, "Don't tempt me with a challenge, darling,"

You grinned, your hands reaching out in search of him. You found nothing but air, and your brows furrowed in confusion. You opened your eyes.

Nothing. There was nothing there. You were lying in bed, alone. 

Cursing under your breath, you sat up, crossing your legs under yourself. You buried your face in your palms.

You were in the shared bedroom Beulla had offered you and Loki after you had returned from the Citadel.

You'd spent so much time there that you couldn't think of anywhere else to be. Nowhere else felt more comforting, than the sheets and the pillows that still smelled like him. You found comfort in the pain. Your arms now devoid of him, you settled to hugging his pillow to your chest, cherishing his scent for as long as it would last.

Anything that reminded you of Loki was a knife to the gut, but you couldn't seem to relieve yourself from it.

You let your hands drop to your lap, closing your eyes as you let a memory play in you head.

Loki clapped his hands as he sang along with the crew of the train, "When she sings, she sings come home. When she sings, she sings come home,"

You slapped your forehead in frustration, dragging it down your face slowly. Sylvie was seething in annoyance.

But when you heard Loki shush the crowd around him and clear his throat, you returned your focus to him.

Loki began to sing in Asgardian, locking eyes with you whilst leaning against the bar on his elbow, "I stormsvarte fjell jeg vandren alene," 

(In storm black mountains, I wander alone.)

"Over isbeer tar jeg meg frem,"

(Over icy glaciers I make my way)

 "I eplehagen står)

(In the apple garden) 

"Møyen den vene,"

(The kind maiden stands.)

"Og synger: når kommer du hjem?" He finished, pausing for a moment to adore your confused face.

(And sings: when do you come home?)

A bittersweet smile crossed your face, heart clenching at the mere fact that the song was describing your current plightful state. 

How you wanted Loki to come home to you.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Daphne pulled up her car by the house. She got out of it, kicking the door shut behind her. Two boys by the porch dropped whatever they were due and rushed to their aunt with big bright smiles. She enveloped them in a hug, muttering her hellos and gushing over them. Don set aside his kids' bicycles, making his way over to them.

Beulla was watching the scene from afar, her heart warming at the sight. She heard a Time Door warble behind her but didn't bother to turn, knowing who it was.

"Looks like you're the favourite," you remarked, standing a bit behind her.

Beulla let out a soft chuckle, "Never knew I could be good with kids,"

Everyone at the TVA had a life to return to if they wished. A place they could retire. Even Mobius and Beulla did. 

But not you. You didn't have anywhere you could go. Not anywhere you could return to.

Realizing this, Beulla turned to you in worry, "Where will you go?"

You lifted and dropped your shoulders in a weak shrug, "No idea. Only time will tell,"

Beulla had turned to the front, which you were grateful for because that's when the tears fell and you broke.

You somehow didn't have the tears before. You'd screamed, raged, and begged him to stay, to not sacrifice himself to lifelong isolation. But not cry. You weren't able to. Maybe you hadn't realized until now that Loki was truly gone and he wouldn't be coming back.

You quickly brushed the tears away before Beulla caught onto your inner turmoil. 

You wished you didn't feel anything. You wished the pain would just away.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Only time will tell...Only time will tell...

Loki heard you speak, a pained smile tugged at his mouth. His grip on one of the strands of time tightened.

He could sense the hidden pain in your voice. The agony concealed under the facade you put up. The storm of misery lashing out in the depths of your heart. Fate had always seemed to be scheming to thieve you both away from each other. No matter in what timeline.

Nonetheless, you both always found your way to each other, even though forever wasn't promised. Loki had always wanted to be your side. He yearned for it, wanting to spend his lifetime with you.

But now he had a new burden to bear. A new purpose to fulfill. One that would save his friends and his love. Even though it meant that you both had to go your separate ways. Even though it meant he'd be condemned to solitude for the rest of his life.

His glorious purpose.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════