╰┈➤ ❝ [𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"I wasn't being tactical either," Mobius told you after he and Beulla had grabbed pies for themselves, "I lost it," he told you, comforting you with a smile.

"It's okay," Loki soothed, "Look, it happens. You know, sometimes a rage builds up and you just gotta—let it out. Do you remember that time I was so angry with my father and my brother, I went down to Earth and I held the whole of New York City hostage with an alien army?" he nudged your side with his elbow, "Tried to use the Mind Stone on Tony Stark. It didn't work, so I threw him off the building. I mean, let me tell you something. Wasn't tactical. Yeah. I lost it. Sometimes our emotions get the better of us,"

"You can say that again," Mobius agreed.

"Let me ask you something," Loki started, "X-5, you know, he obviously touched a nerve, right? You've never wanted to visit your places on the timeline? Neither of you," he looked from Mobius to Beulla.

"Look, that's the last thing I should be thinking about," Mobius decline.

"Aren't you guys curious?" you leaned forward in your seat, "Don't you want to see the life you were supposed to live before they kidnapped you and brought you into the TVA?"

"Not really," Beulla didn't meet your eyes.

"Why?"

"Because it's not my life," Mobius stated. Beulla remained silent.

"But it could have been," Loki pointed out.

"It isn't. This is. I'd like to thank the guy who kidnapped me and brought me here. Got me this pie."

"If you never look, you'll never know,"

"The TVA is the only life I've ever known. I like it,"

"Yeah," Beulla carried on, "I'm used to this kinda life and I'd like to stick with it. I don't wanna know what I've been missing out on. That's only gonna add fuel to the fire,"

"Look, I understand that. I get it, you know, you might think twice in case— it's something bad and you—"

"Or something good. Something bad, I can handle," Mobius interjected, "What if it's something good? Do you think I wanna have that rattling around in here?" he gestured at the side of his head, "Of course not,"

"As much as I was intrigued when I found out, I thought it was best that I don't see what my life before all this was.

"Sure," Loki nodded at her words.

The four of you remained silent for a couple of seconds, letting the tension simmer down in the room.

"You know, X-5 isn't gonna talk," Loki changed the subject.

"X-5 is gonna talk. We just have to find a way in," you answered, "And a proper method of interrogation that could crack him,"

"All right. So what aren't we asking this time?"

"Look, X-5 is a good hunter, okay?" Mobius commented, "He's very good at his job. So, does it really make sense that he could spend all that time down there and not find Sylvie?"

"Look, Sylvie spent her whole life hiding. He didn't find her," Loki replied.

"Probably, he got a little help from that colorful TemPad of his," Beulla thought out loud.

"Okay. If he found her and walked away, then she didn't know he found her. That makes sense," Loki voiced out.

"Think about it. He found her but maybe didn't turn her in because he wants to continue to live his best life on the timeline," Mobius rephrased.

"He wants more time to be Brad Wolfe,"

"Who wouldn't?"

"Right," you dug a spoonful of pie for yourself, "Now, we just have to find a way to get him to admit it,"

Loki's expression turned remorseful, critical, "He's the only one who knows where Sylvie is. Just gotta make him talk,"

"Yeah," you agreed with him, recalling your last moments with Sylvie at the End of Time. It would definitely be awkward if you did manage to find her and meet her again.

"Well, come on. You're the God of Mischief with the badass Valkyrie," Mobius perked up with a grin. 

"Yeah! You guys are amazing," Beulla added in pride, "Right?"

Loki tipped his head to the side in a soft smile while you reflected the same expression, feeling your heart lighten slightly.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════