╰┈➤ ❝ [𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Loki walked through the Time Door, coming face to face with Sylvie. She had just finished her shift at McDonalds and was getting into her car.

Loki approached her cautiously, not wanting to alarm her, "This is gonna sound strange. I know you don't know who I am,"

"Loki," Sylvie frowned at him, "Of course, I know who you are,"

He blinked at her, "What? You do?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Nobody else did. Their lives were reset,"

"Yeah. I know. I was there," she nodded in understanding.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Loki shook his head, "This isn't how I thought the scene was gonna play out."

"No? What exactly were you expect—"

Loki grunted in agony, trying to get a hold of himself as he was being pulled through time, but he managed to stay in his place.

Sylvie's eyes widened at the sight, "Okay, get in the car. I'm buying you a drink."

"Okay," Loki agreed, getting into the car with her.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════

Both of them had reached a bar and Loki was briefing her on what had happened so far, "However, Mobius's life at the TVA was taken from him. So was B-15's, O.B. Casey was a prisoner. Beulla was an editor at a publishing company. They don't remember who they are. Their lives matter. They matter,"

"Yeah, and they're finally back in their real lives. That's a good thing," Sylvie pointed out, turning to the bartender, "Eric, can we get a drink?"

"But how many, if they had a choice, would have chosen to stay?" Loki protested,  "Mobius always said the TVA was the only life he'd ever known, and he liked it. So did Beulla. It gave them purpose."

"It was never their choice to begin with, Loki. He Who Remains did that."

"But Mobius should have a choice now, no?" Loki questioned,  "Shouldn't they all? To return to the TVA if they want."

"No, you would be ripping people from their lives, showing them something that they cannot unsee. What kind of choice is that?" Sylvie argued.

"But they didn't get a choice in this and I can't give it to them without you," Loki noted the way Sylvie gave an unbothered shrug, "You don't care? I guess not. I guess this all worked out the way you wanted it to and you're fine just walking away. It's so selfish," he scoffed at her.

"Of course, I'm selfish," Sylvie chuckled lightly,  "I want a life. I want to live. What's wrong with wanting something, Loki? What do you want?"

"I want to stop He Who Remains," He replied.

"No. Wrong. Try again," Sylvie ignored his modest reply, "What is it that you really want? Come on."

"I want to save this," Loki answered, "I want to save everything. All of it."

"Is it really that hard? Come on, keep trying."

"I want to save the TVA."

"Why?"

"I want the TVA back."

"And?" Sylvie prodded, "What do you want? What do you truly want?"

He closed his eyes, lowering his head lightly, "I want Y/N to be— I need to keep her safe," he rephrased his words.

"Why?"

That was the last straw, "Because I love her!"Loki snapped with a frustrated expression, "I love her, okay?" he added a bit lowly, noting the way some people at the bar looked his way.

Sylvie's jaw went slack as she stared at him. She pushed aside the pang of pain that struck her heart.

"I love her," Loki repeated, "And I didn't get to tell her. I—,"

"Did you find her?" Sylvie asked on a serious note, "Did she return to her original timeline?"

He nodded, "Goddess of Destruction. She's hanging in there, I suppose. Her consciousness keeps slipping,"

Sylvie turned to the bartender, who was waiting for their order, "Two bourbons, please."

"Excellent choice, Sylvie." he nodded and left to get them the requested drinks.

Loki rubbed his temples, "Sometimes it's hard for me to trust people, even if I love them. Cause—'Cause it's hard for me to understand that not everyone who gets close to me wants to watch me burn. But she changed that. Y/N changed that."

Sylvie's expression softened at his admission.

"I want to be with her," Loki's eyes were blurred with unshed tears, "I'm scared to lose her. Not again. Not after everything.  And I want my friends back," he inhaled shakily, "I want my friends back. I don't wanna be alone,"

"See? We're both selfish," Sylvie raised her drink at him, "Cheers," she downed her drink and turned to him,  "I know this is hard. But your friends are back where they belong."

"But without them—without her," Loki let a tear slip down his cheeks, "Where do I belong?"

"We're all writing our own stories now. Go write yours," Sylvie stood from her seat, walking away from him.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════