╰┈➤ ❝ [𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

You four walked into a theatre, keeping an eye out for Renslyer and Miss Minutes. Merry music was playing throughout the hall, people exchanged cheers and drinks with each other.

"This is it," Beulla announced.

"I think she's here," Mobius thought out loud.

Loki turned to him, "You think?"

"Well, I don't know. She does like a good drink. And so do I,"

"There she is!" Beulla pointed at her in the distance. She was wearing an outfit similar to yours and Beulla's, carrying a bag in her hand.

Mobius tries to head towards her, but you and Loki pulled him back.

"No, Mobius," you muttered under your breath.

"Don't let her see you," Loki added.

The music ceased and the crowd applauded. The curtains pulled back and the lights dimmed, displaying a shadow of a man on stage with his apparatus that looked like a prototype of the Loom.

"Is that the Loom?" Mobius questioned.

"I think so," Loki replied.

"Time is everything," The man on stage began to speak, "It moves-through each and every one of us. It shapes our lives. Our futures. But perhaps we can shape-it," the light flashed on him, revealing his face.

You felt your stomach drop at the sight of him- A He Who Remains Variant, "It's him,"

"Who?" Mobius glanced at you in confusion.

"He Who Remains," Loki elaborated, an equally terrified look on his face.

"That guy?" Beulla frowned in doubt.

Mobius too wasn't convinced, "What? You made him sound like this terrifying figure. He-"

"He is," Loki spoke, not taking his eyes of the man.

"-when I tell you that time is the future of- energy," The man on stage continued.

"And just what would you know about the future, boy?" A man hollered from the crowd, grabbing his cup of beer.

"Great question. Great question, " Victor replied, taking a few steps forward, "And the answer is- more than you- might think."

"We can't just stand here. It's one of the Variants that He Who Remains warned me about. It's coming," Loki emphasized, "It's beginning."

"Look where we are. Does he look like he's about to conquer all of time?" Beulla gave him an unsure look.

"Why should we toil in the dirt for coal and petroleum- when the energy of the past, present, and future flows all around us?" Victor questioned rhetorically, "My Temporal Loom inverts the Temporal Decay of the electricity flowing through it, lowering its entropy, and gathering it into fine threads of power! Which it then weaves into elegant ropes of- voltage. A chaos. A chaos of particles is transformed into- Order. With my device, the wattage Edison uses to light a single bulb can light the whole of- Chicago,"

"So you can light a few bulbs. Big deal. You'll need a lot more than that to light a whole city," the very same man mentioned, earning a few giggles from the rest of the audience.

"Don't misunderstand me, sir. I do not want to light a city. I aim to light, to power the entire planet. So, call it a dream. Fine. Sneer. Laugh it off as pure science fiction,"

Lightning began shooting across the whole room, making people cheer as Victor grinned in pride.

"That makes me think of someone, y'know?" you whispered to Loki, jerking your head towards the lightning.

He gave you a deadpanned look, "I'm not usually overly fond of what follows,"

"But if it can be dreamed, it can be achieved," Victor announced in determination, "Because all science is fiction until it's fact! Welcome! Welcome to the future, my friends," he stretched his hands at the sides and the crowd cheered and applauded for him.

"We need to bring him back to the TVA," Mobius told the three of you.

"Are you crazy? You can't trust a Variant of He Who Remains in the TVA," Beaull leaned over, chiding him.

"That's a later problem. We have a very serious now problem,"

Loki closed his eyes in realization, "The Loom,"

"Yes, and his aura is the only thing that can get us access to the Loom. And who knows what else he can do," Mobius shrugged.

"And it's more likely that we can get use his Temporal Aura rather than that creepy clock," you commented.

"Were we ever gonna get Renslayer or Miss Minutes to help us?" he turned to look for Renslyer, "I mean- Where is she?"

Beulla pointed at the distance, "There she is. She's talking to our guy,"

"Go! Go!" Mobius urged you all.

"This way. This way," You caught Loki's arm, dragging him after you. You kept pushing through people, apologizing to them.

You were looking out for Renslyer, so you didn't really notice when there was a tall man in front of you and walked right into him.

"Hey, twit. You stepped on my foot," the man barked at you.

You scoffed at him, "How dare-"

Loki wrapped an arm around your figure, tugging you back into him, "She apologizes. I assure you, any physical contact was purely incidental,"

Beulla noticed Victor leaving with Renslyer, "Come on, he's getting away. Will you handle this, please?"

However, the man was locked in a glaring contest with Loki, "How about we settle this outside?" he flicked his hat off his head.

"Gently," Mobius warned him.

"Outside?" Loki gave a fake smile, "Excellent suggestion. I agree," Loki lifted his hand, making the man disappear in a puff of green smoke.

"Come on," Loki scoffed when Mobius gave him a look.

"The amazing Loki, everyone! He'll be here all week!" Mobius cheered.

"How 'bout we give him a round of applause!" Beulla added as the crowd rejoiced, clapping their hands together.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════