╰┈➤ ❝ [ 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘰𝘥] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"How are you doing this?" you asked as you watched strands of space and time float around you and Loki throughout A.D Doug's workshop.

"I finally learned to control the time slipping. I went back. We're outside of time. darling, I had to see you. I had to speak to you." Loki said a sorrowful look on his face that you had never seen before. Not like this one, "I thought I could fix the Loom. It's a failsafe. It was designed to protect the Sacred Timeline and nothing else. And no amount of scaling can account for infinite timelines. I thought we won, I really did," he explained.

"Damnit!" you lamented.

"I spent centuries trying to figure it out, and it was all for nothing. A total waste of time,"

"Centuries?" you questioned, puzzled.

"It's hard to explain," he responded, "I've tried everything, Y/N. I'm out of options, and there are only two: Go back and kill Sylvie before she kills He Who Remains and allow the Sacred Timeline to continue,"

You cut him off, "The Sacred Timeline is full of misery and injustice. It's basically what the TVA stood for under He Who Remains. And you could never kill Sylvie, neither can I," you mumbled, thinking deeply.

"I know," he said, a sad knowing in his eyes.

"Wait," you raised a hand, "I'm the issue here. Sylvie killing He Who Remains unleashed the Goddess of Destruction. So," you pointed at yourself, "You could kill me,"

"Never," Loki stared at you with such intensity that had you changing tactics, "Never in a billion years and you know it," His jaw ticked as he swallowed nervously, "And there is another way,"

"What's that?"

"Me,"

You slowly looked up at him, "I'm afraid I don't understand," you spoke cautiously.

"A finite machine can never handle the infinite branches of a multiverse. But an infinite power of a God can," he said as he watched your face intently for any hint of reaction.

It took you a few moments for realization to strike you, "You mean," you trailed off, not wanting to complete it.

"Yes, my love. Believe me, if there was any other way, I would take it. But it's the only way,"

"Huh," you nodded swiftly, "I guess we know how it is," you flexed your hand, summoning a giant obsidian blade. 

In one movement, you drove the blade into your heart, preparing yourself for the impact. But it never came, the tip of the weapon vanishing with green mists as Loki raised a finger to stop you, an absolutely heartbreaking expression consuming his face at the move you had just pulled.

"Y/N! Stop!" Loki caught both your wrists, stopping you before you could pull any more tricks that could end you. His heart tugged when he saw your broken expression and the way your shoulders drooped in defeat.