"Mmhm—just wanna leave..."

"Alright, can you drive?" I asked and she nodded as I led her outside. "Yeah. Are you still coming over?"

"Of course. I'll be right behind you.." I replied and she said 'okay' as we approached her car.

I opened the door for her and helped her slide in before going to my car. I wasn't sure what happened but hopefully she told me once we got to her house.

____

"Did someone say something to you because—"

She cut me off and said, "—No, well yes. But it's nothing I'm not use to. My mom was just drunk and mad that I was at the party but didn't speak to her.."

"So she yelled at you?" I asked.

"Basically. She said that it was disrespectful and she tried grabbing me and putting her fingers in my face, but like I said.." She paused to shrug her shoulders as she poured herself a glass of wine.

"It's nothing I'm not use to.." She added which left me confused.

When we were younger Kandi and her mom were extremely close. I use to wish my relationship with my mom was like hers. They never argued, she would do anything for Kandi, and Kandi adored her mother. So, what happened?

"It wasn't always like that though. What happened?" My brows furrowed as she pushed my glass toward now that it was refilled.

"Things just change I guess. But I don't wanna talk about that anymore..."

I nodded before walking around the kitchen island and grabbing her glass from her hand and placing it on the counter. Her arms immediately looped around my neck as my hands gripped her waist.

I pulled her closer as my head tipped down and she leaned up to kiss my lips, softly. I deepened the kiss as I turned our bodies and backed her into the counter behind us.

"We should really talk about this." She panted against my lips. "We already talked.." I reminded her.

"Yeah, but this doesn't seem like making things right more like believing sex will fix everything."

"Well intimacy could fix everything and I would argue that sex is a big part of intimacy.."

She back her head away from me as far as she could, fighting the smile that crept up her cheeks as she turned her gaze away from me.

"I wasn't turning things sexual I just thought you could use a kiss." I said correcting my previous statement.

"I did. Thank you but I really want to go to sleep right now. You tired me out earlier and then my mom really drained any potential energy I had left." She explained and I smirked.

"That's fine. Let's go to bed.." I said as I held my hand out for hers.

She grabbed her glass of wine finishing it off before placing the glass into the sink. I did the same with mine and then she led the way to her bedroom.

I walked behind her admiring the way her hips swayed in her dress and how short she was now with the absence of her heels.

"You can't leave this time. This is your house.." I laughed before hearing her scoff in reply.

"You're not going to let that go are you?" She asked as we approached a door that I assumed led to her bedroom.

"Nope."

"I'm sorry, baby. You have to forgive me.." She turned to me, holding on to the front of my dress.

"I'm trying to be respectful." I groaned, watching her she tucked her bottom lip between her teeth and pushed open the door.