5.

| jisung's pov |

when hana and i return from our walk around the neighborhood, minho is sitting on the couch watching a movie. he notices us walk in and he averts his attention back to us, i flinch for the sudden pair of eyes on me.

there was only one person in the room staring at me, but it felt like a ton and i felt insecure.

ha...how foolish.

"you're back," minho states.

i hum as i start to unbuckle hana from the stroller.

"where'd you guys go?" minho asks from the couch.

"oh, we just walked around the neighborhood."

"how nice," he says, and i succeed on unbuckling hana. i help her get down and she runs towards her brother. "hana likes going outside, doesn't she~?" minho reaches for hana and sits her on his knee as he greets her with a warm-looking hug. "next time let me join you, k?"

hana smiles shyly and nods. "of course, big brother..!"

minho smiles softly at her and then he glances back at me, his smile faded. "what're you thinking of making?" he asks.

i absentmindedly tilt my head slightly to the side. "huh?"

"dinner. what are you thinking of making?" he asks me again. only this time, i'm not distracted by his face.

"ah, yeah...erm...i don't know yet...do you have something in mind?" i hope he does, 'cause really, all i was thinking of making was some ramen. three things i'm good at making: ramen, cereal, and frozen food. they're all edible, so i don't really care what i end up eating. i just don't have the talent to make it taste extraordinary or specifically, normal.

you either make your food like it's supposed to be taste like, or you just add a bit more than it needs to normally have; making it taste heavenly. on the other hand, i...i just make it edible enough to put it in your moth and swallow down.

in this case, i know i'm not a cook.

anyone can be cook? yeah, i don't believe in that sort of saying.

i glance at minho. "if you want, you can be the main chef, and i'll just be the one who gets the things you need."

minho chuckles, "you mean my assistant?"

there's a pause of my confusion before i nod and hum. "yeah, that."

"alright then. thanks for the help."

i nod stiffly. "yeah, no problem... i'll do.. my best," the words come out slower than i had read them in mind. still, i somehow manage to make a smile appear on minho's lips.

"if you want, you can play with hana in the meantime while i get the things ready. i'll just call out your name if i need help," minho said as he put hana down on the floor.

i nod only once and make my way to sit beside hana who was now grabbing her big set of legos. she brings them over to me and opens the box. "can you build me a house?" hana asks.

i smile and nod fondly. "yes, of course."

minho makes his way to the kitchen and i continue playing with hana, helping her build a house.

🌷🌷🌷

minho has started cooking, but he hasn't called out for help since then. i've been playing with hana with a few of her other toys. but she loves to stack all her legos together in one big building, before it all comes falling to the ground, in which she begins laughing happily. a smile forms purely on my face as i watch her do the exact same thing over and over, and just as she does so, she never stops cracking up a bubbly smoothing laugh. her cuteness makes me want to crack a laugh too, and not realizing it then, i laugh with her.