Lost In Self

A/N - The chapter kinda makes me feel all romantical for some reason but be aware... it's not as good a chapter since I feel like I just replaced Arthur.

________________________

Pfft! "

"Hahahah." My head rolls back as I start laughing.

What?

Why am I laughing at myself? Have I finally gone crazy? Or was I always crazy? I don't know. But I feel like... I'm always the odd one out.

Yeah.

Even now, in this new world, I was never supposed to happen. Someone who doesn't belong here. That's me, a reader of this story. And maybe the reason as to why I'm laughing, is simply because... slowly but surely... I'm losing 'this'-self.

"Ha... ha... W-what's so f-funny?" One of the other characters awkwardly laughs or at least tried to. The others had a vaguely similar reaction.

"Haaa..." my laughs gradually came to a halt and a sigh escapes afterwards. "Well... that was self-deprecating." I mumble with my words to no one in particular. My hand traveling over my face in an attempt to wipe away my tiredness but it never left my face.

I hardened my gaze at the ginger boy through the gaps of my fingers. Everything about him from his stance, his eyes and even the freckles on his face screams 'spoiled brat' but for the most part he looks lost.

At a loss for words I would guess but that's just me. 'Zooming' out, I glance over at his 'friends'. They all look the same. Same tacky clothes, hair amd probably personality. They're all a bunch of fakes.

I close my eyes while letting my hand rest on it's counterpart's shoulder.

*crack

As instantaneous as the sound of bones breaking out place, the backside of my hand traveled through the air. My knuckles bearing into the fatty flesh of his cheeks.

___________

A/N - The cheeks lactated on his face.

____________

And the ginger's head proceeds to fly...

... dragging his body with. Unfortunately, I hadn't put in enough force to tear his head from his body but I should have broken something at least.

"A shame..."

"H-h-how dare you!?" Another charged at me with a right fist while I lean to my left (his right) and avoid it. Slipping my from underneath I chop at the rib bones under his armpit.

*crack

"Ahhhh!" he whaled while tumbling forward. His arm flayed and the other caressed his source of pain. While it isn't broken it's still fractured. I wouldn't want his rib stabbing at his lung.

"Things are so fragile when you protect it them with mana, don't you agree?" my voice audible to everyone in earshot.

"How dare you!?" the ginger from before sprung up in rage. "I'm the Heir of House Trident! Show some respect mongrel! " he through his fist at me again and again. Failing in his attempts to even graze me.

"You know what I think..." I caught his fist in my hand and twisted it a bit. He gritted his teeth to resist the urge to scream. "... you should show me some respect." his face fully morphed into that of rage.

"You little - ah" And like you would throw a rag doll, I throw him by the arm. His back hitting the wall with such force that his eyes blanked out for just a moment but sadly he was still alive and kicking. He stood up again while wiping the drool that escaped his lips when he made impact.