V

A week later, they started preparing for the banquet the day of. Laws crew gifted Luffy an outfit to wear. It was not too fancy but elegant. Law didn't want Luffy to feel overwhelmed by an extremely fancy outfit as he never wore anything like that anyway. It was black suit pants with a nice white undershirt. He also had a shorter black vest over the white shirt.

Law on the other hand, had a full black suit with a black trench coat draped over his shoulders. It was a classy outfit, clearly showing that he was rich.

"Hey Law!!" Luffy ran into Laws room.

Law turned around to see the man he had feelings for looking even better with his outfit. It was a simple outfit but made him look like an angel in Laws eyes. He couldn't help but laugh at his own thoughts. Laughing at how whipped he was. He really needed to do something to stop himself from going insane.

"You look great, let's leave immediately." Law replied.

They both walked outside and got inside the car. Luckily Law had a driver, preventing him from having to drive over 4 hours. Luffy and Law were rather close due to being in the backseat together.

"Law?" Luffy called.

"Yes?"

"How far is the place?" He asked.

"Hmm, about 5 hours. Why?" Law asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Can I sleep in here?"

"I don't mind." Law looked towards the window.

Everything was fine until he felt someone's head on his lap. He looked down and saw a mess of black hair on his lap. Luffy made himself comfortable.

"Luffy?" Law questioned.

"Can you run your fingers through my hair again?" Luffy blushed.

"Okay." Law was going crazy in his head right about now. Why was Luffy doing all of this? He didn't really care because he got the chance to show his love somehow but he was still lost.

Law was running his fingers through Luffys hair as requested. Luffy was soon sound asleep and the drive felt as along as ever.
—————————————————
They finally arrived to the location of the banquet.

Law woke Luffy up and got out of the car. Going to Luffys side to open the door for him afterwards. He grabbed Luffys hand, gently lifting him from the car seat.

"Thanks!" Luffy smiled.

"Hello sir, would you like to come in? Everything is ready and prepared." The maid at the entrance greeted.

"Yes, thank you." Law agreed, Luffy following him slight behind.

As the walked through what seemed like a castle, they arrived to the banquet room. It was most definitely beautiful. The room was all white with red and gold accents. You would see many roses in vases around the place. It was truly romantic. There were already many people here. Law would have to be careful not to lose Luffy.

"Luffy, please stay close to me. There are far too many people here." Law explained.

"Alright!" Luffy replied, seemingly listening as he looked around anxiously.

Law looked around aswell, eyeing the host of the event. He could only guess it was him because of how extravagantly he was dressed. Law thought he looked like a pervert. The man was so obviously watching every female and male that was "cute". It was known for many mafia bosses to be pedophiles or perverts. Law was the exact opposite to be exact.

"Disgusting." Law muttered and turned around.

Luffy was gone.

Law put his hand on his head in disbelief. He may loved Luffy but he sure couldn't listen to save his life. Law started looking for Luffy. It was like a scavenger hunt in this place. He looked at the table of food, considering Luffy eats a lot. There he was. Law walked fast to the table and grabbed Luffys wrist.

"What were you thinking?!" Law yelled and gripped Luffys wrist tighter.

"I'm sorry, I just got distracted!" Luffy apologized, trying to get out of Laws grip.

Law realized he was holding Luffy too tight and let go, stepping back in the process.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have grabbed you like that." Law gently grabbed Luffys wrist and looked for any bruising he could have caused. There was a slightly purple circle around it.

Law grabbed Luffy and embraced him.

"I'm so sorry." Law apologized.

Luffy started giggling and hugged Law back. Nuzzling his face in Laws chest.

"The bruise won't last long and it didn't hurt that bad anyway." Luffy explained.

Law let go of him, gesturing for Luffy to follow him. They got to a empty staircase and sat down. Law thought it would be a good idea to go to a place that was empty because Luffy gets distracted quickly.

"I'm really sorry that I grabbed you like that. Let me see your wrist again." Law apologized again.

"I'm really okay!" Luffy reassured.

"Hit me." Law demanded.

"What?" Luffy paused.

"Slap me ." He repeated.

"Why would I do that?"

"Do it, as your boss, I demand you do it."

Luffy looked hesitant and slapped Law. He cupped Laws face in his hands afterwards, checking if he was okay. This would look very wrong from a far angle. Luffy was standing on his toes and cupping Laws face, looking like he was about to kiss him.

"Are you okay?!" Luffy asked, panicked.

"I'm fine." Law grabbed Luffys hands off of his face and patted his head.

"Let's head back, the banquet is almost over."  Law mentioned.

Luffy nodded and followed Law back to the car. He had his head down the whole time. He felt terrible after hitting Law.

They both got in the backseat of the car and sat down. Both were in a bad mood. Luffy was sad and Law was agitated. Luffy wanted to apologize again but didn't due to Laws anger. He decided to finally listen to the warnings Shachi gave him about Law. One being that you should never mess with him when he's mad. He sat with his hands in his lap quietly.

It was silent until Law spoke out.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I lose control of my own strength sometimes and I never want to hurt you. You should never trust me again for your own good."

Luffy didn't say anything before he leaned over and hugged Law. He unbuckled his seatbelt and jumped in Laws lap while hugging him. Recreating their position from the other night.

"I trust you enough to do this don't I?" Luffy asked smiling against Laws shoulder.

Law stayed quiet and hugged Luffy back, holding him as close as possible.

"I'm not going anywhere." Luffy giggled.

"I know, I just need you." Law whispered.

Luffys eyes widened before he nuzzled his face into Laws neck, hiding his blush.

Law brought his hand up from Luffys neck, dragging it softly until it rested in his hair. At this point, Law loved playing with Luffys hair.

He loved everything about Luffy.