chapter 1

Amber painted eyes staring out of the small glass window looking at the world outside that is now painted in vibrant colours as leafs change their shades from green to gold, crimson, amber, and even jewel-toned purple.

How breathtakingly beautiful.

The omega thought as his eyes watched a couple with their cute toddler walking by the lake under a big old tree whose leafs are now crimson and amber.

Pain

It's painful to watch something that others have effortlessly is something only you can dream about... like family.

" dada "

His chain of thoughts broke when he heard a small weak voice coming across the room making him jolt up from the small couch by the window and speed walk to his son who was laying on the small hospital bed.

" yes baby what happened? "

He asked as he sat on the little space beside his son on the bed and inspected him carefully.

" Does it hurt anywhere? "

He asked with a voice full of concern but the little one just shook his head before giggling and grabbing his dad's hands in his little fingers.

" I want to cuddle dada "

He said cheerfully and the elder's heart melted. He sighed and engulfed his 5 year old son. His body was smaller, fragile and pale compared to any other kid of his age.

" I want to go home "

His son said and the pain in his heart intensified. It's not easy to see his one and only son, his only family, his own blood withering like a dying flower.

He tightened his arms around the little one and kissed the top of his head before he whispered a small " very soon "

Lie... a big lie.

His innocent son believed him even though he had been saying this same lie for months now.

" wow this father and son's duo is my favourite thing about my duty haha how cute! "

A cheerful voice of an alpha came from the door making both of them stop their conversation and turn to take a look at the new presence.

" Dr. Kim.. good morning "

Sunoo said as he let go of his son and stood up before bowing politely at the older male who mirrored his action and laughed.

" it's ok Sunoo, always so polite hmm "

Sunoo just smiled at the elder and then turned to look at his son who was now playing with his stuffed Stitch plushie, cuddling in his blue fur and flapping the long ears of the plushie while giggling.

" doctor.. any improvement? "

Asked the omega quitely afraid if his son will hear him, he doesn't know how he will answer to any of his questions. He was nervously fiddling with the sleeves of his long beige coat and he flinched when the elder just heaved a sigh.

" I fear time is running out for him Sunoo if anything I prefer you to contact Mr. Lee... There's no other way. Trust me Sunoo it's the only option right now "

Unfair

This is so unfair.

" I understand Dr. Kim thank you "

_____

Sitting on his office chair the alpha flipped through the pages of his thick files containing the record and data of the annual turnover of the last three years.