23:00

23:00

Winter's eyes couldn't wait for the tears to flow from them as she raced to the bathroom and let them loose. Her breathing was muffled and shaky.

Was he serious? She looked great?

She knew that he couldn't help not being psychopathic but she wished that he could just see how truly upset and distraught she had been over him. He would never know at this rate.

"Winter?" Winter turns to see Sophia walking in with a concerned emotion, "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm just- just-" Winter stuttered her words.

"Is this about Harry?" Sophia questions softly. Winter nods reluctantly and Sophia comes closer, pulling an arm around her. "Hey, it's okay. I know that there used to be something between you two."

Sophia hugs her comfortingly and Winter appreciates her kindness. She eventually cleans herself up and leaves the bathroom with Sophia. Thankfully, Winter had spare makeup with her so it masked the mess of her face after the tears.

When they step back beside the bar, Louis says goodbye to everyone before leaving. Winter notices Harry standing awkwardly by Niall and they have awkward eye contact before Winter gazes elsewhere. She walks to the bar and perches on one of the stools.

"Are you going to introduce me to your friends, Winter?" Joyce is standing on the opposite side of the bar with a warm smile.

"Of course, this is Niall.." Winter gestures to the blond-haired man next to her, "This is, urm, Harry.." Her arm then gestures to Harry who is on the other side of Niall, he grins kindly to Joyce. "And Liam and Sophia are somewhere." She searches the place and find them dancing together slowly on the main floor area. "Oh, they're over there."

"I'm going to the bathroom." Niall excuses himself before turning to the bathrooms. Winter sighs softly, worried about the fact that she was now alone with Harry.

Suddenly, she views Harry move to the bar stool right next to her and perch onto it. She glances to his emerald irises and he beams, his dimple indented on his cheek. He keeps inspecting her face, burning his gaze into her but she looks elsewhere. She still couldn't fathom how this had all happened. Her thoughts had been focused on him all day and now she was beside him. God, she still didn't know how to react. Her neck turns again and she sees that he is still staring, he looks away after they lock eyes again.

"Was it something I said?" His deep voice suggested and Winter huffs, a wide smile spreading across Harry's lips. He had wanted to hear that huff for, what felt like, an eternity.

"Yes." She answers him, her eyes focusing on the hardwood bar in front of her. Her arms move to lean her elbows on it. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see Harry nod understandingly.

"I'm sorry." He states before his hand reaches for the pint glass of beer before him. It is brought up to his lips and he swigs it before fixing it back there again. "What was it that I said?"

"That I looked great." Winter didn't realise how silly it seemed until she said it out loud. Her eyes navigate to her lap, feeling flush spread across her cheeks.

"I don't understand. You do look great?" He questions and Winter looks up at his face again. She leans her cheek against her palm.

"I don't feel great. I don't want you to think that I've been doing okay for the past eight months because I really haven't. Frankly, Harry, it's been hell for me. Now, I'm not saying that it wasn't all sunshine and flowers for you but it hasn't been great for me." Winter rants and has to forcefully stop herself from spilling any unnecessary words afterwards.