15:00

15:00

Before she knew it, Winter was back to playing the piano once more. However, she was interrupted by the doorbell on the second verse of How To Save a Life by The Fray. She couldn't help the huff that came from her lips as her body disconnected from the chair and her hand tucked it under the piano before stepping to the front door. It was probably only the next door neighbour or the power metre guy, she thought. Her hand opens the door to find a rouge-haired lady wearing some sort of mossy-coloured uniform and a slightly ridiculous hat that looked like one children worn on their holidays.

"Delivery for Miss Andrews." The lady announces and Winter nods at her.

"Yes, that's me." Her cheeks pull into a smile as she realises what the package is.

"Okay, sign here please Miss Andrews." The woman passes Winter a clipboard and she scribbles her signature on the visible dotted line. "Okay here you go. Have a good day." And with that, she disappeared down the hall to the elevator.

Winter holds the cardboard box that was handed to her before the lady had exited. Her grin is larger as she places the box on the dining table and runs to get scissors from her kitchen. She carefully cuts the tape holding the lid closed and pushes the lid up from the box.

Her eyes peer inside the box and she is in awe of the beauty inside. It was a beautiful, silver dress. She reaches in to clutch it and holds it out in front of her. There is snowy, lace detailing throughout it and Winter was overly excited to try it on. She paces to the bedroom, hoping that it fit her curvaceous body, with the shift being that night. The dress glides over her curves and falls beautifully to the floor.

Winter would admit that she looked good, she loved the way the dress made her look. It gave her confidence that she wasn't expecting.

Her eyes gaze at the long mirror on her wall. She is beaming more than the Cheshire cat. She was so pleased that it was delivered on time and that it fit her. The worries of it fitting hadn't even crossed her mind at first but when they did, they settled briskly.

Her happiness was ruined temporarily, however, when she glanced down to find the same framed photograph she had seen earlier. A frown now replaced her previously smiling face. Anger spurts through her veins at seeing his face.

"Jesus, you're not even here and you're f.ucking with my emotions." She mumbles through gritted teeth before the annoyance gets too much and her hand flings out at it, knocking it to the floor. Guilt flashes on her face and the breath catches in her throat.

"Oh no, no, no." She repeats to herself as she crouches to retrieve the glass frame. As soon as she picks it up, there is cracked pieces of glass underneath it. Tears spring to her eyes as she gazes at the now-damaged photograph that she loved dearly but would never admit. She could still make out the curly, brown locks of his but that was all; the rest was a shattered mess. Much like her heart at that moment.

She sighs before placing the frame on its back at the dresser and getting the dress from her body, hanging it up over her wardrobe. Her phone buzzes from lying on her bed, she stomps over to it. But she doesn't look at the text first, no, she peers at her contacts. His contact was still there, the picture of him still present next to his wonderful name. Everything about him seemed perfect and Winter wanted nothing more than to see him again, pleading to sob her heart out to him. She would ask him why he would do such a thing as to leave her. He should have known that she would never get over him. Eight months later and here Winter was, perched on her bed searching the contacts for him. It was pathetic but Winter would only feel comforted by doing so.

"Yes! Hello. Yes. Louis, we've only just left the suit shop. Give us time to breath." Niall spoke into his mobile while Harry hurried beside him. The streets were busy and Niall noticed this as he grabbed Harry's arm, directing him to a more deserted street; the phone still by his ear. Harry understood why he did this, they couldn't be interrupted by fans now, they were already late. He knew that if he saw fans, he would have to stop and sign things which he loved doing. Nothing made Harry feel happier than meeting fans of his music but it always took a long time to do. In addition, they were both holding large bags with their suits in so it would have been a struggle.

"We will be there in about fifteen minutes. Yes, okay bye." Niall finally puts the phone down and hails a cab, one stops briskly and they both get inside it. Niall gives the taxi driver an address for a makeshift studio while they were here in Boston.

"What songs are we recording today?" Harry questions Niall and he turns his head from peering outside the window to view his friend.

"Only one because we don't have much time. It's 18." Niall informs him and Harry nods, the small smile appearing once again. He really liked the way it had been written and the preview was good.

The studio is eventually in view as Harry pays the taxi driver, letting him keep the $7 change and they both exit, hurrying to the doors of the foreign studio.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Louis playfully chants as Harry and Niall enter the room, taking their coats from their bodies and putting them over a chair. Harry just smirks at Louis while Niall rolls his eyes.

"Shut up, Louis." Niall is equally as playful as Louis. Liam and Zayn are perched beside them but are engrossed in discussing the song lyrics with one another.

"Okay, guys, we don't have much time." Liam declares as he diverts his attention away from his own conversation and stands from his seat. He hands Harry, Niall and Louis a sheet containing the verses of the song, since Zayn was already holding one. "You all know how it goes and the words anyway but I gave you the sheets to make sure." Harry chuckles at how Liam was the father figure of the group but the chuckle goes unnoticed.

Louis and Zayn join the rest on their feet as they begin recording 18.

Before they knew it, Harry began to sing.

"I got a heart, and I got a soul, believe me I will use them both."

He didn't know what to think about during his singing.

"We made a start, be it a false one, I know, ..Baby, I don't want to feel alone."

He began thinking of her. It only took a few seconds and he was singing his heart out to the lovely image of her in his mind.

Zayn took over the next verse and Harry gave himself a moment to compose himself for the chorus. He was struck over how much these words linked to him and his beautiful ex-girlfriend's relationship.

He opened his voice and began, his heart seemed to be blazing.

"I have loved you since we were 18, long before we both thought the same thing, to be loved and to be in love."

He took a rapid breath.

"All I can do is say that these arms are made for holding you, I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18."

And while he sang these thoughtful words to the visible memories showing up in his brain, he realised something. He had made a huge mistake.