16:00

16:00

Winter eventually picked her emotions up and glanced at the text from Cameron, her friend. She had texted Winter to know whether she wanted to grab some coffee. Winter eagerly accepted her offer and took her purse from the kitchen counter, her phone thrown in her coat pocket.

She exited the apartment complex and was thankful for the weather still being brilliant. The sun blazed from above her and the warmness made her feel a happiness that was unexplainable. She practically skipped to the coffee shop close by, her mood being incredibly uplifted.

The streets were filled with people, a range of accents being heard from tourists and lots of smiles shown on their faces. It felt good to be in such a happy environment for Winter. She was a positive person so her surroundings tripled her mood for good.

A group of small children paced past her, each one giving her a grin and Winter returned it to them. Their carer also gave her a beam and she didn't know why seeing a large amount of people smiling to her made her feel so great.

Her feet eventually made it to the coffee shop that was busy with people taking up the majority of tables.

"Winter, over here!" She heard Cameron's American accent and turned to see her light-haired friend waving her over to a table with a seat free for Winter. She stepped over to her and Cameron looked even prettier close-up. Cameron worked as a model and Winter could see why, she was stunning. Her complexion was even better than Winter's and her hair was styled perfectly while Winter's hung loosely.

"Hey, do you want me to go order for both of us?" Winter offers once she has reached the table. Cameron nods so Winter leaves to join the queue.

She already knew what to order so she just stood, lost in her thoughts for the time being. How different would life have been if her and her ex-boyfriend had stayed together?

Winter frowns at the thought and shakes her head, slightly, as if to physically get rid of it. It works momentarily.

"Hello, what can I get you today?" The server corrupts her ears and Winter is taken slightly off-guard by the lady's voice.

She gives her order and waits for the coffees to be made. Winter also orders two grilled sandwiches for lunch, well, dinner for her. Winter holds everything on a tray as she joins Cameron at the round table.

"Hello, friend. How are you?" Cameron asks, playfully. Her attention has left her phone and is now on Winter. Cameron was usually described as hyperactive but kind, nonetheless. Winter loved her friend's personality though, she thought it was rare to find somebody so comfortable in life.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you, Cam?" Winter chuckles while sitting at her seat opposite of Cameron.

"I'm great!" She exclaims while raising her arms slightly, Winter snorts at her actions. "Winter, I have two pieces of great news."

"Really?" Winter sips her coffee but is still interested in what Cam has to say.

"Do you want the good news or the good news first?" Cameron laughs loudly as though she had just created the best joke in the history of comedy. Winter bellows with her.

"You sound like you're on drugs, Cam." Winter jokes, earning a snort from Cam.

"I always sound high," Cameron states, "Anyway, the first bit of good news is that.. I have a new modelling job and it pays so well."

"That's so good, Cam. Well done." Winter congratulates her friend, thoughtfully. "What is it?"

"It's for a fashion catalogue. It pays ridiculously well and I'm modelling loads of the clothing. It's going to be such a breakthrough opportunity for me, Winter." Cameron explains, beaming like an idiot.