On Wukong's back, the child nuzzled into the side of his Father's head and into his fur.

Macaque listened quietly, holding his breath. He glanced around, finding he was within the hut. Somehow or another he had been moved here, left to assume it must have been Wukong. Quietly he touched his own arms and legs, searching for- well, he wasn't sure. Injury? Sign of temperament? Something to show Wukong had done something he shouldn't?

All he found was himself, just as he was before falling asleep.

He exhaled, the notion of Wukong carrying him- holding him... it was a strange thought in the back of his head. He glanced at the clock, seeing that it seemed to be just after lunch time, 1PM.

It had been three hours?

He had no means of knowing how long Xiaotian was up, only knowing when he himself had passed out. How embarrassing- to show such vulnerability in front of Wukong of all people.

"Ow..!" Wukong cried out, startling Macaque. About to get up to see what was going on, he heard Wukong again in a far more hushed tone, "You little biter~!" Snickers followed, "I swear, you were being so cute and sweet to your Baba, but the moment he isn't looking you bite my tail again."

A little evil giggle sounded.

Macaque's ears twitched at the sound, having not expected a mischievous side from his sweet little Moon Drop. Though, knowing who his parents were, Xiaotian was bound to have some cheekiness~

It made Macaque curious about what other sides his little one has.

"We talked about this young man. No. Biting. Release my tail." Macaque could hear shifting in the kitchen as Wukong strictly said, "You better not think of biting your Baba's tail."

"Baba's tail is nice and fluffy~" Xiaotian cooed, his mouth full of what Macaque could only assume was Wukong's fur and tail.

"It is, so Don't. Bite. It." he heard ruffling as Wukong pried the child off of him. "Say it with me. I will not Bite Baba's tail."

"I will not bite Baba's tail." Xiaotian repeated sweetly.

"Good."

MK giggled, "...But I will bite Dada's tail."

"No no-"

"Alll the time!"

"Xiaotian, No-" Wukong pleaded, "YOW!" As promised, the child promptly bit Wukong again.

Macaque covered his mouth, to prevent himself from snickering. Quietly he kept his back against the couch, listening to Father and Son as they fiddled with the kitchen. The sound of life echoing in the usually quiet house.

Macaque couldn't deny he normally preferred the quiet to the noise, but this wasn't necessarily a bad sound. Quiet was only nice for so long.

"Dada?" Xiaotian asked, releasing Wukong.

"Yes? Wukong mused, rubbing his poor tail.

A tender silence held for a moment before Xiaotian asked, "Will Baba stay with us forever?"

Macaque held his breath, holding perfectly still. After a short pause, Wukong answered, "Of course he will buddy. He will stay with you forever and ever."

Yes, that was true. Macaque would stay with Xiaotian for as long as his child wanted. But...

Macaque's chest constricted as he listened to Wukong, seeing the truth in the King's carefully chosen words, noting that Wukong purposely left himself out of the equation.

He couldn't make heads or tails out of that, and right now, Macaque wasn't going to try to. Wukong had taken up enough of his time

He stood up and made his way to the kitchen, eager to join in on the family moment. As he entered the room, he saw Wukong sitting at the kitchen table with Xiaotian on his lap. The smell of fruit salad filled the air, and Macaque's stomach grumbled in response.