To The Beach!

(Hey. Quick note before you read this. Sorry this took so long. It was supposed to be out a few weeks ago, but I had some problems. Anyway, this chapter is a little over 13000 words, and I might miss a few things. Specifically, if you see anything similar to Kuro or Kira, please tell me. These are placeholder names I use for Y/N when typing, and sometimes they slip in without me noticing. Other than that, please enjoy!)
________________________________

It had been a little more than a few weeks since the incident. J was nowhere to be found, Chen hasn't said a word since she woke up, Y/N was still unconscious, And Ty Lee refused to leave his side.

Perry and a few of the Dai Li helped stitch his wounds and bandage him, but they said that was all they could do. It was up to Y/N to pull through, and the only thing they could do now is wait. For the first few days, Ty Lee couldn't even sleep. She was too worried about Y/N possibly not waking up. Azula became slightly more violent than usual, even threatening Chen with execution and torture, though she decided not to follow through without some form of reasoning. Mai...was mostly indifferent. Though it was obvious that it bothered her, she had her attention focused on Zuko.

Things eventually calmed down after a week or two, but Ty Lee continued to visit Y/N's room every day, and usually wouldn't leave until at least noon.

This day, unlike the others, Ty Lee had somehow managed to tangle her hair as she was braiding it. She asked Azula for help as she passed by the door, but she just said she would send someone.

That was twenty minutes ago. Ty Lee began to think no one was actually coming...until Mai walked through the door with her usual bored expression.

Mai: "You...actually tangled your braid. I thought she just said that to get me away from Zuko..."

Ty Lee: "Sorry...I think I spaced out...and then when I came to, well....this happened..."

Mai: "Still thinking about Y/N?"

Mai walks over and starts helping Ty Lee with her jumbled up hair.

Ty Lee: "...How can I not? It's been weeks, and he hasn't even made a sound...what if he's already-"

Mai: "Stop. Don't think about that, it's only going to make it worse. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. He was fine then, he'll be fine now."

Ty Lee: "I...I hope you're right.."
________________________________

After several minutes of silence, Mai finally managed to untangle Ty Lee's hair, and even helped her braid it back correctly.

Mai: "There. Try not to space out again."

Ty Lee: "Thanks...and sorry again, for taking up your time!"

Mai: "....Don't worry about it. Let's get out of here for a bit. You need to do something other than sit in the room all day."

Ty Lee and Mai smile at each other, before they both turn to walk out the door, ready to clear their heads and do something fun...ish. At least, that was the plan...until they heard something that made Ty Lee's eyes light up.

"Ugh....fuck me...I feel like I've aged thirty years..."

Y/N sits up and opens his eyes, only to find Mai and Ty Lee staring at him with wide eyes.

Y/N: "....The hell happened to you two? You look like you've just seen a zomb-ACK!"

Ty Lee, completely void of thought, runs over and gives Y/N the tightest spine crushing hug he's even felt it his life, while Mai sighs in relief.

Y/N: "Ow-ow-ow, Ty, remember what I said about hugs!"

However, despite hearing his complaints, Ty Lee refuses to move, leaving Mai to explain everything.