The devotion of Kanaloa

The occultists stopped playing the instruments as soon as they heard Dylan's words which echoed in the forest. "The Isnamerman is not one whom we are meant to deal with only the great occultist can do that. If we spare a second more, we will be all dead" The leader of the occultist said as they took to their heels.

Dylan opened his mouth and breathed out a breeze that amounted to large wind which caused sightlessness for everyone. Bobby opened his eyes and saw Dylan burning up the dead bodies of the five occultists. "What have you done?" Bobby shouted.

"What I should have done to you. I have burnt up their bodies and no one will ever find out that they are dead. It will be a dead secret" He said as he pulled the net off Marvin and helped him up to rest on a tree for support. He then turned to Bobby who was breathing fast.

"You live in this country and you have sold it out! You sold out your own country for your benefit. What do you know they will do to the citizens who reside in Her? Your country and its land is like a mother, your motherland precisely" Dylan continued to walk towards Bobby who was moving backwards with a step at a time.

"But you sold out your motherland, do you know what someone who sells his mother is called? A demon, you are the devil. You were born to your mother and you are the worst thing to ever happen to her as well. You have killed so many people in the process of achieving your goals and today you will be killed by me whom the gods have given their boon. My brother has tried to kill you but you wanted to end his existence. Why? To save yourself. The people must die but you must live is what you hope for and that is why you have called the occultist but do you think they could have saved you? No, they wouldn't because whoever betrays his mother will be opposed. The one who has betrayed the country will be killed by me who is blessed abundantly with powers. I will end the saga of your sins" a faint smile played out across Dylan's lips but he wasn't done yet. He gripped Bobby by his neck and pushed him hard to the tree behind.

"I am the devotion of Kanaloa so I am the shadow in your life. Now the countdown to your death has begun" Dylan said with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Please, please do not kill me for it. I will repent, it was a mistake " Bobby pleaded. "So you are scared of dying? While you were killing others you weren't but now you are? What's happening to you now is Karma and you are a burden in this country and you have to be removed" Dylan continued to hold onto Bobby's neck until he passed out falling to the floor.

Dylan rushed over to Marvin who was lying almost lifeless where he had fallen off too. He forcefully pushed Marvin's body so he could respond but all to no avail, water streamed down Dylan's eyes as he gazed up at the sky above "This is the red moon night where we are the weakest. The lights from the moon is making him weak the more, I cannot afford to lose one more person" he lifted Marvin's hands which dropped to the floor instantly. "Brother, I won't let anything happen to you. I will do everything I can to save you". Dylan said as the tears from his eyes fell to the floor shining brightly. He closed his eyes and knelt beside Marvin as he offered his prayers to the sea God, Kanaloa.

Marvin opened his eyes slowly and saw he knelt beside him and placed his palm on his left shoulder shocked that Dylan could have revived him. "Dylan you used all your powers to save me and that too on this night whereby our powers are the weakest. But you must not lose your powers tonight because you are not a human nor an ordinary merman but the most powerful of us all the Isnamerman. And on this unfortunate night, you have used your powers to save me?" Marvin asked as he stood up surprised, cocking his head to one side.

"How could I not have saved you? You are my brother and that's what siblings do. And most importantly, one of the only living beings that know this great secret of mine. The secret of how I became the Isnamerman" Dylan gasped as Marvin assisted him up.