I get a drink and a hug

Akira's POV

After talking to Neteyam for a while, I went to take a look at the snacks they got. I saw a few small wooden cups filled to the brim with a liquid I didn't know.  I wasn't going to take risk and drink something I didn't know. And I definitely don't want a lecture. From Jake, naturally.

I grabbed a fruit and took a bite. I was quite hungry. So I just ate quickly and soon, the whole thing disappeared.

"Hungry?"

I smiled as I turned to look at the voice. Aonung stood there holding two of those small wooden cups. He handed me one. I hesitated.

" It's safe, don't worry."

I took it. He drank a little, his face showed that the taste was a little...

I brought the cup to my lips and took a sip. OH WOW! WOW...WOW...WOW.

I started laughing a little.  Aonung looked at me, confused.

" Sorry, sorry," I said, " I didn't know you guys had alcohol here."

The drink tasted like beer. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't that strong. And I've drank beer before. Okay, maybe I do drink too much.  Which made it hard for me to get drunk. I drank the whole cup.

" How can you-" Aonung asked surprised.

" Don't ask."

He nodded. I placed the cup down.

" So," I smiled, " What do you want to do? I'm kinda bored."

I was trying to be friendly. Don't judge.

" We could...dance if you like."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Really? Dancing? Okay, maybe I was being mean. I don't know how to dance. Okay, there, I said it. But, lucky me,  I always have my skxawng bestie to save me. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Lo.

" Kira, you gotta check this out!" Lo'ak said as he walked towards us.

" Oh, ok, sorry Aonung, I'll um...find you later!" I said quickly as Lo'ak dragged me away. Aonung just smiled and went to find his friends. Once he was out of sight, Lo'ak grabbed me aside.

" What were you doing with fishlips?"

" Nothing, we were just talking!"

" ' I'll find you later'... REALLY?" he said, mimicking what I had told Aonung earlier. I rolled my eyes.

" Jeez, Lo'ak! I was just being nice!"

" Well, you shouldn't be 'nice' or whatever."

" What's your problem with him, Lo?"

" I just don't like him! I have a bad feeling about him, okay?" he sighed. I couldn't help but hug him.

" It's okay Lo." I whispered. I pulled away.

" Just, don't near him, okay? I don't want my only best friend to get hurt."

Awwwww. I love you too, Lo! I gave him a last hug before pushing him to join Tsireya on the dance floor.