Eavesdropping

Akira's POV

Jake stood outside the marui pod, as if he was waiting for me. The others were inside. I could see that Jake seemed stressed. Probably from his learning session with Tonowari...or my earlier incident... I didn't want to know.

" Akira, inside," he called when he saw me. I could see Neteyam and Lo'ak look up. I entered the pod.

" Kira!" Tuk exclaimed as she hugged me. I patted her back.

" Hi Tuk," I smiled. She touched my arm, the one with the bandage. 

" Are you ok?" she asked. I nodded.

" Everyone out, I need to talk to Akira," Jake told his family. Everyone hesitated. Jake repeated what he said. Kiri stood up, grabbing Lo'ak by the arm. Neteyam stood as well, obeying his father. They walked out, after giving me a smile. Lo'ak patted my shoulder.

" Good to see that you're okay," Neteyam whispered to me. I smiled at him. He walked out.

" Ma Jake," Neytiri looked at him. Jake turned to Neytiri, having a short time of silent communication. Neytiri then walked towards me and squeezed my shoulder. I gestured to Tuk to follow her mother. Neytiri held Tuk's hand as they walked out. They walked out of sight, though they all were probably at the side of the marui pod.

" Sit," Jake told me. I obeyed. He sat infront of me.

" What did I ask?"

" No trouble."

" And what did you do?"

I smirked a little, " Trouble."

" Akira, please." He gave me a look.

" Aonung told me to do it," I told him. His face softened. He sighed and looked down before looking back up.

" Just, don't do anything that will cause trouble again, okay?" he said, giving me a weak smile. I rolled my eyes.

" Okay," I answered. He stared at my arm.

" Are you okay?"

" I just got treatment, haven't I?" I asked.

" I mean, how do you feel? Nausea? Scared?" he questioned. I shook my head and attempted a smile.

" Really? Are you sure?"

" Yes, I'm fine, really," I said. He smiled in relief.

" Um, Jake?" I questioned.

" Yes?"

" I think you'll be hearing some...um...news...from the tsahik...very soon," I said. He looked confused. And just as I was going to explain, I saw Ronal outside the pod. Jake followed to look. He stood up as I heard Neytiri's voice.

" You can go now, Akira," Jake patted my back as I stood too. I nodded and walked out, giving the tsahik a smile as she and Neytiri walked inside. I walked towards the side of the marui pod. Lo'ak and Kiri smiled sheepishly. Neteyam grinned. Tuk laughed. I gave them a look.

" Eavesdropping, are we?" I spoke.

" Don't be mad, Kira," Lo'ak smirked as he pulled me into a hug. I rolled my eyes and hugged back before pulling away. I smacked his head.

" Ow!" he whined. Kiri snickered.

" You eavesdroppers," I said as I smiled.

Eavesdropping. I wonder how many times they have done it.