Two Sentence Stories

A while back I stumbled upon the lovely idea of two sentene stories and had my fun with it. Here are the few I wrote for your entertainment. Feel free to post your own two sentence stories in the comments below, and I may just feature them in one of my books.

Alzheimers

'Good morning mum,' I said and kissed her on her wrinkled cheek once, squeezing her shoulder. Her dulled eyes squinted at me, grey locks frayed around her aged face, and she said, 'I'm not your mother dear; she went with the dark ones.'

Snatched

'A quick stop at the store,' I thought walking into the dusk, then tyres screeched behind me, and strong arms squeezed the air out of my lungs before I could scream for help.

I spotted a smiling man closing the van's door just before the darkness swallowed me.

Pearls

"Caroline, dear," she called as she painted her lips red whilst squinting into the mirror, "fetch my pearls, would you?" I always hated pearls, and her with her prissy pursed lips and fancy updos, so I fetched her pearls alright, and made sure it was the last time she wore them.

Mice

Mice are most intriguing creatures, whiskers ever tickling the air for scents, noses ever twitching, feet pausing and scurrying. Ann followed the mice into the city pipes last week, and I've been waiting and watching for her since.

Combat Boots

'Is he gone?' my little sister whispered into my ear.

I chanced a peek around the dark corner, and spotted his black combat boots; my heart sank, and I said, 'No.'