16. 2 arms, 1 leg, and a worm.

3713 Words

Baby Bear's POV

I hate doctors.

Okay, so I don't really hate doctors. They are just the messengers. They also really like to poke and prod people. And this one really liked to take my blood. Not only that, but he liked to smear cold slime on me. On my stomach really. Well, everyone around here called it my tummy. And they called Papa Bear my daddy. Me, I was called a lot of thing but almost never my name. Cutie, cuddle monster, baby, and worst of all, you poor baby, just to name a few. At least I wasn't in any pain right now. As a matter of fact, I couldn't feel anything for the most part.

——————————————————————————

I was having a dream, or a nightmare, depending on how you looked at it. I was drowning in a bathtub of all places. I was in the worst pain I had ever felt in my life and died. Then this annoying beeping sound woke me up. I looked over to see what was making it and found out that moving just then, hurt like hell. Then the beeping got louder and faster. Then someone was right in front of me. When I could finally see them, it was Papa Bear. He asked me if I was hurting and I nodded. I tried to say "loud" talking about the beeping, but no sounds came out. Somehow he understood me and the beeping went away. A moment later someone else came near and my pain started to fade. I smiled and relaxed.

I was warm and all fuzzy. I felt really good except for the weight that was on my chest. I tried to move my arms to get the weight off. But as I did the weight moved too. I thought that was odd so I tried to look down, but I couldn't sit up at all. That's when Papa Bear came back into my view. "Can you hear me baby bear?" I nodded. He looked worried about something. "Calm down baby bear. I need you to stay as still as you can and stay calm for me. Can you do that?" I nodded and stayed still for him. He kept looking to his right, my left, then back at me. "Good boy. Good boy." He cooed like I was a baby for real. "Stay calm and I will tell you what happened to you after your bath." He kept looking back and forth then stopped. His eyes were on me now and he smiled.

"First things first. You are okay, or you will be soon. Billy yelled for me after you called for your daddy." That made him smile even more. "You are in the hospital and everyone here thinks I'm your daddy now. You are my baby boy that just got put in my care from a really bad family. They all think that you are a five years old. Sorry about that. But I had no papers set up for you yet. More about that later. Billy called for me and by the time I got there, you were already on the bathroom floor. He tried his best, but you got hurt in the process. Come to fine out, it was actually a good thing. You with me so far?" I nodded and he kept going.

"You already had brakes that set wrong in both of your arms and your one leg. That's why they broke again in the same places so easily. So now they are set and healing correctly this time. Now, don't try to talk at all for a while. The water did go into your lungs, but you are healing fast. You should be able to talk again in a couple of days. For now, try and relax. I'm going to stay by your side the whole time." He looked really upset just then. "I'm so sorry this happened to you baby." He looked like he was about to cry right here and now. I was able to move just enough to grab his shirt. He felt my grip on him and he stopped. He looked at my hand then back at me again. With me not able to talk or move my arms but an inch or two, I did the only thing I could. I stuck my tong out at him then smiled. thankfully he understood what I was trying to say or do. He sorta half smiled then said. "I understand. We can talk about that when you can talk. For now it's all about you getting healthy again."

I had a firm grip on him and I wasn't letting go any time soon. Daddy, because that's what he was to me now, smiled down at me. He ended up having to sit on my bed and hold me. I wasn't letting him go and I meant that. When a nurse came in after a while she said I looked like a little cuddle monster. I looked at her and nodded. For the next two days that's what she called me.