14. A sleep

4742 Words

    So after last nights dinner with the wolves, I didn't really need a bath. But I got one anyway. Now that I'm able to talk a little better, and we understood each other better, my bath was a lot easier on the both of us. Papa Bear was able to help me wash up where I needed the help. But where I didn't need help, I washed myself. He did my hair, back, and because I couldn't see it, my butt. But I got to wash the rest of myself, so that was a plus. He did sit next to the tub and we sorta talked while I was in there. That was actually nice and comforting for me. I really didn't like being alone. Well I guess alone with out him there. He just had this aura about him that felt... good I guess. Sorta calming in a way. I could relax around him now that we had talked and got to know each other better.

    After the bath he did that rubdown thing on me and that really felt good this time. I didn't have to be on guard and I could actually relax a lot more. But that's also when he found out something about me I didn't really know myself. I thought the pain in my arms and one leg was normal. It was just more pain that I have had for a while now. I thought it would go away like the rest when I healed. But he looked concerned about it when I flinched every time he touched me there. He told me that he really wanted me to see a doctor as soon as possible about those spots. Along with well, everything else. So the next morning he called Sam again and an appointment was setup for me.

    We agreed yesterday that we would not talk about that whole Little thing for a week. But I would tell him what I liked or didn't like. We also agreed that it was just easier in the mornings for him to pick me up to change me. And this morning I woke up on a table getting changed. I guess I was more tired then him and I slept in a little. I woke up and almost fell of that table not knowing were I was or how I got there. He quickly put a hand on my stomach to hold me there. "It's okay buddy, I got you. I'm just changing your diaper right now. Kennith, calm down and relax a little. Can you do that for me?" I was sorta in a panic until I was able to look around and see him. But when I did see him, I calmed down and laid back. He grabbed my pacifier for me and put it to my lips. I allowed it in then I grabbed Leo. I was holding that little stuffed animal attached to my pacifier and this calmed me even more.

    After he was done with the diaper he walked away for a moment. He came back and started putting something on my feet. It tickled a little and I giggled. That sorta caught me off guard, but I played it off. At least I wasn't in a panic anymore. I was grateful that he didn't have me try to pick out what I was going to wear today. Those wolves really over did it with all the clothes yesterday. And when I found out what I was wearing, I laughed. That outfit that Sam showed me yesterday in the store, I was now in it. And it really did make me look like a bear cub, or a teddy bear at least. But when Papa Bear picked me up and called me Baby Bear I stared at him.

    There was a mirror on the back of the door and that's where I saw myself from the first time. That's where I laughed about it. That's also where he called me Baby Bear. I stared at him and he looked like he did something wrong. I knew he was about to apologize for calling me that. But I didn't let him. I put my hand to his mouth and nodded at him. I did look like a baby bear right then. I smiled behind my pacifier so he could see that I was okay with the nickname. He nodded back to me and then started walking downstairs to the kitchen.

    I was put into the hi-chair. My chair. And was strapped in just like last night. The tray was put into place and moments later a bottle was put on it for me. Of course I had no problems drinking form a bottle. I told him that yesterday. And the cold formula that was in it, was for my health. It felt good going down my throat this morning, especially after all the talking I did yesterday. So there was no reason for me not to enjoy what I was drinking.

    When a plate of food was put down in front of me I sat the bottle aside and started eating. "So how's your throat doing today?" Papa Bear asked. "You talked a lot more yesterday and I was surprised you didn't have a coughing fit again. I know you were trying to whisper most of the time so you wouldn't. But I'm still worried about that." I put my hand up and wiggled it from side to side. It did sorta hurt, but I could manage. As long as I didn't have to talk that much today, I should be okay. He nodded then said. "Okay. If it gets any worse I have the throat spray for you. But I want you to keep a bottle with you at all times today. When it gets low let me know and I'll refill it for you. You just let me know if you want it warm or cold. Point up for hot and down for cold. That way you won't need to talk if you're hurting at the time." I nodded and we kept eating.