Chapter 15

Third Person POV

The group ate dinner at the mess hall, and took the rest of the day to relax. Kenma and y/n didn't talk much at dinner, and she wanted to just hang out with Shelby for the rest of the day.

The two girls were on Shelby's bed sitting criss crossed and indulging in some snacks. Mio and her little follower were out with other people, so y/n and Shelby had the room to themselves.

"So Mio was trying to pick a fight with you the whole day?" Shelby took a handful of chips and shoved them in her mouth. Y/n sighed. "Yeah, it was really weird. She was also trying to like seduce Kenma or something,"

The h/c girl mumbled the last part. Shelby just let out a groan in annoyance. "Ugh! She makes me so mad. What did Kenma do?" Y/n froze slightly at the question as her mind went back to when Kenma pushed Mio.

Her heart started to flutter just thinking about what he said about her. "Um, you know... he was Kenma," Mio stopped chewing and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "And...?"

Y/n was avoiding eye contact as she felt a bit of pink form on her cheeks. "And nothing...?" Shelby's mouth formed a sinister smirk as her eyes squinted. "Oh? nothing? Then how come there's a little blush on your face?"

Y/n tried to play it off. "It's a very hot day," Shelby keeps her cheeky expression. "We're inside with AC... SPILL IT," Y/n lets out the air she's been holding in. "Okay, FINE, but promise you won't make a big deal out of it? It's kind of awkward,"

Shelby held up her hand. "I promise," With that, y/n let out a sigh and explained everything that happened. As she went on telling Shelby, the burning feeling inside her never died down. The blush on her face never ceasing.

Shelby's jaw dropped more and more the longer she listened. "He said that?" Y/n sucked in her bottom lip a bit and shyly nodded. "Oh. My Goodness! That is so romantic!" Y/n huffs.

"I said dont make it a big deal," Shelby takes a deep breath. "Sorry. I promise not to run up to him about it, but y/n that is a big deal! He is head over heels for you!"

"No, he isn't," Y/n quietly said her words. there was a mix of sadness and uncertainty in her voice. "Y/n, I've never seen you so happy with someone, and he looks so at home with you. It's like you both bring out sides that even me and Kuroo can't. Don't you like him?"

Y/n nervously laughed and twirled her hair. "Of course. He is a good friend to me," Shelby groans and puts her hands on y/n's shoulders. "Girl, you know that's not what I meant. What's stopping you?"

My reputation. My 'friends'. My parents. My future. So many thoughts and excuses came into the girl's head. There were 99 reasons why she couldn't go with Kenma, yet still, the one reason why she should kept occurring in her mind.

She couldn't get any words to come out of her mouth. It felt like an eternity of silence until the buzzing from Shelby's phone broke it. She looked at it and smiled.

"Speak of the devil. Kuroo is with Kenma right now, and they want us to go night swimming with them. Other people will be there too. It could be fun, and the moment you want to leave, we are gone,"

Shelby was giving her friend a pleading smile as she waited in anticipation for her to answer. Y/n is a sucker for making the people around her happy. Though she didn't know how she would react around Kenma, she thought 'Why not?'

With a smile and a nod, the girls wasted no time getting ready. It was their last night at the trip anyway, there wasn't anything to really lose. Y/n knew she was in too deep with her friendship with Kenma.