Chapter 3

The next day

I go to school early like I did yesterday morning. Part of me wanted to see Kenma and Kuroo walking to practice, so maybe I could watch again. I do not normally associate with people out of the circle chosen by my parents, but they are not here right now. It couldn't hurt to watch one more practice.

As expected they were walking just a little ahead of me. Once Kuroo hears my footsteps, he calls me over. "Good morning, miss l/n!" Kuroo says as he smiles and waves at me. I smile back and say good morning as well. Kenma did not look up from his phone to greet me. He must not be a morning person.

"Are you gonna watch us practice again?" Kuroo asks me. I nod slightly and say "It was very intriguing, I would like to watch again if that is okay with you," Kuroo gives me a big thumbs up, and we walk to the school together.

I enter the gym and was greeted by everyone. Once I found my spot, practice began. It was hard not to watch Kozume, but I don't want another awkward encounter like yesterday, so I made sure not to stare to long.

Practice went by faster than I realized, and the boys were packing up and got ready for class. Kuroo and Kenma came over to me. "You guys were amazing!" I said with a slight smile. Kuroo smiles proudly and said "Thank you, miss l/n! You really motivate us!" We then start walking to classes, and Kuroo says his goodbyes.

While I am walking with Kenma, I noticed he seems a little more tired and is more red today. I guess he saw me staring a bit and raised his eyebrow. "What?" He said confused.

"Nothing... you just seem more tired today and your face is still red. Do you need some more water? There is a vending machine right here" I said as I stopped by it and pointed. He looked at me then the vending machine, and opened his mouth to speak. It took him a little bit to get his words out like he was very hesitant.

"I would... but..." He stopped talking so I spoke up, "What? Is something wrong?" Kenma took a deep breath and said "I don't have my wallet, and I forget my water bottle at home..." He looked down a little shyly. He probably thought I would make fun of him or something for not having money. I could tell that he had to get over his pride just to tell me that.

"Well then let me pay for it"

Kenma's head shot up and said "No, I don't want you too. You're just going to throw it in my face later and make me owe you. Your ass would probably add interest too." I just rolled my eyes. Though we aren't really friends, I can't let someone go thirsty. "Ok rude. You don't have to pay me back, there is no catch. Just take the water. You need it"

I bought him a water bottle and extended my arm to give it to him. Kenma stands there for a second before reluctantly grabbing the bottle from my hand. His hand grazed mine as he grabbed it. I felt my body freeze at the contact, but before I could think anything of it, he was already gulping down the water. I let out a small laugh as I see him drinking the water as if he was a dog left out side.

He was so shy before and now he has little shame. He told me thank you, and we continued walking to class. Akio was already sitting in his seat when we walked in. When I sat down on my spot, I noticed he was giving me the cold shoulder. "What? Do I smell or something?" I asked him jokingly. He can be so stuck up, but he is still my friend... not as much as my shelbs though.

He turns to me and says "You might as well after hanging out with him," I raised my eyebrow and looked back to Kenma. "Are you talking about Kozume?" Akio rolls his eyes and huffs. "Who else? I saw what you did at the vending machine. You know, we already give to charity, we don't have to give to bums too" I could feel my heart race a bit out of disbelief. I couldn't believe my ears.