Chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

" tech spiritual barrier ! " tecna puts up a barrier around kagome miroku and her fairy friends.

As Inuyasha tries to rise and check on his friends, but finds it difficult to even stand.

Bankotsu lands before him and raises his Banryū to deliver the coup d'e grace as  Inuyashas sword glows green before a flower barrier appears
blocking his strike and launching a furious assault petals surprising Bankotsu and himself.

Leaping backwards to clear a space Bankotsu fires his Dragon Hammer a pink energy blast from his Banryū as inyuasha used his wind scar however the two energy waves are evenly matched. A duel of blasts follows with neither able to gain the advantage.

Seeing an opening Inuyuasha goes to kill Bankotsu but the vajra from Hakushin the priest flies and hits the Tessaiga and fills the island.

It purifies the Tessaiga and turns it back into the dull sword.

" it seems that Hakushin is an ally of Bankotsu. " miroku says to tecna .

Bankotsu tries to kill Inuyasha
but Kagome shoots an arrow at his arm turning it to bone.

Bankotsu  looks angrily at her as flora flys next to her .

The relic of the priest emits a barrier around Bankotsu while Inuyasha tries to prevent his escape but the mercenary starts to disappear.

" dammit !" Inyuasha mumbles .

Bankotsu is transported to a castle where Kohaku and Kanna come to get him. Kanna picks up the relic that transported Bankotsu and they walk to the mummy of Hakushin.

Meanwhile, Shintarō brings back his father's bones to his sisters and Miroku says they will give him a burial.

Later ,  Inuyasha and the others leave the village.
Sesshōmaru continues to go into the mountain as Jaken feels worse. Kikyō leaves the children and they tell her that they will wait for Dr. Suikotsu to return.
She appears to leave the mountain, as she can no longer handle the barrier.

Sango and Miroku decide to go alone into the mountain since Inuyasha cannot because he is a demon. Kagome, Shippō, Kirara, musa , flora , tecna and Inuyasha stay behind and wait for them to return.

Somewhere else,
On the slopes of Mt. Hakurei, Sesshōmaru confronts Jakotsu at the edge of a hazy gorge. Sesshōmaru recognizes Jakotsu's scent as belonging to the Shichinin-tai and Jakotsu knows Sesshōmaru is related to Inuyasha.

Jakotsu makes the mistake of declaring that fact as he commences his attack on Sesshōmaru who powerfully retaliates. Concerned that Rin will be caught in the battle, Sesshōmaru orders Jaken to remove Rin from danger. Jaken takes the child, and they start to cross a suspended bridge to the other side of the chasm.

While Sesshōmaru gracefully dodges and attacks Jakotsu, Jaken struggles with Suikotsu. The feisty goblin manages to ward off Suikotsu with his ninja stuck, but at a price the flames from his weapon severely damage the bridge.

As Jaken and Rin flee back to Sesshōmaru, Suikotsu strikes again and the bridge collapses plummeting the three into the vapor below. Sesshōmaru eludes Jakotsu's final attack winning the bout and humiliating the miserable ronin. He wastes no time jumping into the abyss to rescue Rin.

Jakotsu's shame being beaten by Inuyasha's brother turns his thoughts back to confronting Inuyasha personally that make's Jakotsu happy.