2. The new neighbours -Part two

Previous part: The new neighbours - Part one

John's POV

I wake up to a beep sound. We will move out today. I've been waiting for this day and not. I've been waiting, because after my Dad was invaded home from Afghanistan we could finally move out from the busy city. I've never liked the lot of traffic the cars and other moving whatevers have caused, and when Dad shared the news that we'll move to the suburbs, I was honestly relieved. But I haven't been waiting this, because I had to leave all my friends behind. We promised that we will keep chatting, but you know how it usually goes. These little vows break and you will never hear about them (in the worst case).

"John! Collect your stuff!" I hear my dad shouting.

"In a minute!" I shout back and step to my cupboard and start to pull my clothes out.

Around twelve o'clock, we start to put our suitcases inside the lorry my dad reserved last week. After we finish putting all our things into the lorry, we put our suitcases into our car. At least we try to. Harry wants to squeeze her three elephant-sized suitcases into the boot, my parents have two big bags and I have only one sports bag. I know we haven't got the smallest car, but it's not big enough to put all these things into it. (And I haven't even mentioned the many food boxes yet.)

"Harry, are you serious?" Dad asks.

"You said I have to collect everything. Well I did!" She spreads her arms in defence.

"How is that even possible that you have so many things?" Dad asks, scratching his head.

"I think it'll be the best if we call a cab." Mum says and flags down the first cab which is passing by.

After we packed everything which remained into the cab (I could feel how the cab's back sank down when we put Harry's suitcases in), we take the road to our new home. It's around 8 a.m. In the city there's a lot of traffic, so it takes another four hours to get out of the city. When we finally get out of the city even my ass goes numb. When I'm about to speak up when are we going to arrive, we stop. Since the cab closes the line I can't see why we had to stop. I guess someone wanted to cross the road. But when we don't go any further after three minutes, I start to get impatient.

"Some disabled granny can't get through the road?" Harry asks.

"Harry!" Mum says in disbelief.

"What?" She asks, confused, then turns back to her mobile phone which her girlfriend, Clara gave her for her birthday. Mum rolls her eyes. After another three minutes I hear our car's honk and after that we can leave. I turn my head and see a tall curly haired boy walking on the other side of the street.

"He doesn't seem disabled." Harry comments. I watch the boy with great excitement. Maybe he goes to the same school as I'm going to?

"We arrived!" Mum says. I jump out of the car and take a look at the new house. It is beautiful. It has two floors, just like our previous one, but it's much bigger and it also has a big garden. I see the boy going into a house which is on the right side of our house. Great! He lives here! Maybe I can start making new friends with him. I hope we will get well.

"Okay kids, choose a room!" Dad says. My eyes meet Harry's then we run into the house. I upstairs, Harry downstairs. I find a big room next to a bathroom. I smile - it is perfect. Its walls have a coffee colour and there's a huge bed. Opposite side the bed is a TV on a small table, sideways a cupboard and a table and - for my biggest pleasure - there are two white bean-bags next to the bed.

Harry knocks on the door.

"Did you find your room?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Ehem." She nods. She goes out of the room and I follow her. Her chosen room's walls are green, but the furniture and the size of the room is perfect. "I guess we'll have to recolour it. Maybe to pink." She says thoughtfully. Pink isn't my kind of colour so I just hum in reply. We go out to help our parents.

After we (circa) bring our stuff into the house we start to eat.

"What do you think about the house and neighbourhood?" My father asks.

"I like it." I say then start to eat my soup.

"I don't have problems with it either." My sister says.

"Fantastic!" Dad claps his hands.

"Oh, and Dad! Can you please recolour my room to pink?"

"Of course darling."

After we eat our dinner I go to get a shower, and after I finish I brush my teeth and then slip under the new blanket which my mom had changed before dinner. Before my Dad switches the lights off he says good night and goes out of my room. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

As you can see, I published two chapters in one day - in my oneshot book I mentioned that the parts will be published the same day as the storyline will happen. These two chapters were one day (obviously).

There will be days when I'll publish more parts, or don't publish anything for days. But it's completed (I have a timetable when to publish what), and the story will end on New Year's Eve.

I really hope you enjoyed (as much as you can enjoy two short chapters), and please let me know what you think, or if you find anything incorrect then please tell it to me - I'd be glad!😘

Next part: Meeting (7.11.2023)