[ 2.5 ] R a i n

[ NOTE: This is an extra chapter coming from Rae's diary explaining her past with Lee , it was too difficult to make a long ass conversation with Chanyeol so I decided to explain it with you guys this way :) And ironically it was raining pretty hard today which inspires me to write some pretty sad stories XD]

This isn't the story about a princess who was locked away in a tower by an evil jealous queen.

No...

This is the story about a young girl

from a very poor family

who was sold into slavery

with her brother,

And a lonely prince

from a very rich family

who needed a new toy

that wouldn't break...

All I remember was the rain. It was pouring the night that our father dragged us out of our beds and onto the streets. My older brother kept asking what was wrong, where were we going and where was mom but my father refused to answer nor meet our eyes.

Under the bridge by a river was a truck where a man waited. He handed us to him and was rewarded with a wad of cash. My brother seemed to know what was going on when he began resisting as they tried to shove him in the van with the other children. I was too young at the time to understand what was happening and was thrown in the van with ease.

They shut the doors cutting us off from our previous lives and we ran to peek out the small barred window on the doors. The van started and was moving away from our father who was counting the money faster than he could blink. He stuffed it into his coat and turned away without so much as a glance.

To my brother and I, that was they day our father died. Gone was the man who lifted us up onto his shoulders so we could get a better view of the sunset. All we had now was each other.

My brother took my hand and covered it with his. Despite the fact that we were abandoned he still forced a smile and said to me, "Rae Ah... Don't worry everything will be alright" his voice was shaking at the time but even then I knew he was far stronger than any 10 year old that was crying in the van that night.

The van made a few stops, and every time an new child was pulled out and sold. We huddled together in a far corner waiting for the inevitable when finally one of the men came in and grabbed my brother by his forearm. "Get up"

"Yong Joon!" I tried to hold on but I was young and weak in a world where we were the unlucky ones.

The man's hand came down on my arms like a bat shattering my grip. "Rae!" my brother cried as he was dragged off the van. I lay on the floor of the van watching my brother being taken away from me as I helplessly watched.

Looking back now I realised I should've held on tighter. I shouldn't have let one hit let someone so important to me slip away.

I was a lifeless doll now lying on the floor of the van waiting for my turn as one by one the children disappeared. The van stopped and I was blindfolded, hands tied behind my back before I was dragged out with the few of us that were left behind.

I remembered hearing the chattering of an audience before being thrown on my knees and the blindfolds were removed. They were on a stage of a theatre in front of an audience of the richest of this underground world.

It was an auction. Some approached the stage and regarded us with hungry looks that made my skin crawl. A old man caressed my face before feeling my figure. "Step aside" a younger boy said from behind him. The old man ignored him, seeing that he wasn't far from my age.