Fatima father isn't a rich man and his daughter was getting married to a politician so of course the wedding has to be big and he has decided to take on the responsibility of all the events, both the one the wife family has to do and the one the groom's family will organise.

Fatima on the other hand has given into the wedding, as much as she didn't want to, she still had Aliyu on her mind and making him hers was what she still kept dreaming about, all this can no longer happen cause Alhaji Shehu had to introduce her to his family.

She didn't want to go but her father made her, Alhaji Shehu proposed to her after that day and she had to accept, not cause she wanted to but cause her father was present and she'll be dead meat if she rejects his proposal especially with the fact he went down on his knees with a million worth diamond ring for her.

It's was romantic and with a very beautiful setting, something that would have been very perfect for her if it was coming from the man she dreamt of but unfortunately life had plans of its own.

Meeting his family and getting to know them was a big risk, especially with the fact she had no idea Aliyu was his son in-law, ever since then she's been on alert on being exposed

His statement "you know sometimes people pretend to be who they're not and it's only a matter of time before you see through them" kept ringing in her head over and over, he made direct eye contact with her when making the statement with his wife seated next to him she just knew they'll try one way or the other to tell Alhaji Shehu everything that had happened in the past and so she had to do something about it.

She lied to him of 'Maryam harassing her not to get married to him and calling her a gold digger and said she would do anything to make sure her father never marries her' and as so Alhaji Shehu believed her, putting two in two together he figured maybe Maryam and Aliyu were both lying so he wouldn't get married to her.

Right now they were both seated in a private restaurant and Alhaji Shehu as usual had his smile on while Fatima smiled back at him, it's not a forced smile but it isn't genuine either.

"Do you like your food?" He asked her

"I think it's great" she responded as he smiled even more

"I'm glad" he said

"How are your children?" She asked

"I think they're all good, I don't get to see them everyday but judging from the last time I met them, they're all doing fine" he said as she nodded

"And did Maryam try to say anything about me again?" She asked raising a brow

"It doesn't matter, I think you're perfect and we're getting married" he said as he let out a smile

"I know but, it wouldn't be right if you go ahead to marry me and your kids don't still approve of it" she said pretending to be sad

"No no, they all approve it's just Maryam and Aliyu that are the issue but it doesn't matter they'll get over it" he said as the mention of Aliyu's name seem to have an effect on her.

It hurt her a bit to know that Aliyu was trying to sabotage her in front of the old man but at the same time she hoped it'll work so the man can give up on her.

He seems to love and trust her a lot which she wanted in a partner only problem is that he isn't the perfect partner for her.

To him she was his type and just perfect and to her he wasn't in anyway close to her type only thing he had was money and wealth.