24💕

ALERT: EDITED👁️‍🗨️

Song: Greedy🎧
Artist: Tate McRae🎤

Fatima's POV💕

Never in my life have I been insulted like that, and that too by a man i admired. All this while I've lived a quiet life and just when I decided to chase what my heart longed for, I got shunned, I got insulted, I got humiliated.

I've never thought anything like that would happen to me, how was I shameless, I was just expressing myself and what I felt and ended up being called shameless.

"Fati" I heard my mum called as I forced myself up to go answer

"Na'am" I responded as I came out of my room to meet her.

There were two men sitting plus my father and brother then my mum who's sitted by a corner on the chair.

I looked between them before squatting to greet which they all responded to and then my father asked me to sit.

"Fati, it's been 2 years since your husband passed away..." My father said as I looked at the two guest, they were both older men and one even had white hairs growing on his head and beards.

My father kept speaking as I kept looking at everyone one after the other not even paying attention to what he said, I noticed that one of the two men kept smiling at me the whole time while the other was just normal, smiling only when we made eye contact which I didn't respond to, I don't know the meaning of this meeting but I just hope it has nothing to do with me.

"...So fati, here is Alhaji Shehu, his here with a marriage proposal for you" my father said as my eyes widened

What!, A marriage proposal and from an old man, God forbid, I refuse to be one of those young women that'll call an old man their husband.

"His wife passed away 3 years ago and has been single ever since, he has 4 kids and is looking to finally settle down" my father said again as I looked at the men, turns out the older man with white hairs growing is Alhaji Shehu.

"It's going to be an arranged marriage but we need your word to go ahead with it, so what do you say to this marriage proposal?" My father said as I remained quiet, all eyes were on me as I kept looking at my mum, how could she not have told me about this.

I knew my father was looking to get me married off soon which is why I chased Aliyu around but how could he bring me an old man, from the look and aura this man he seemed like a very important person so disrespecting him to turn down this marriage is only going to bring problems for me.

"I think we should give her time to think about it, I'm not in a hurry and I don't want to force anything on her" he said, Alhaji Shehu as I looked at him before looking at my father who still looked like he wanted me to say something.

"I think you both should get to know each other then before she decides" my father said

"Yeah, I guess spending time with each other would make you both understand each other better and then you can decide" the other older man said as Alhaji Shehu looked at him before looking at me and then giving me a smile.

"Are you okay with that?" He asked me as I quickly looked away from him, the tears in my eyes were threatening to fall out but I can't risk that, not in front of my dad at least. I'm not ready for an earful of being the woman no one wants to marry.

I have a terrible past that my family are aware of and ever since then, I've always been the disgrace and the embarrassment of the family.

Whatever I do to make them forget it never seem to work, whatever good I do to prove myself good and worthy only ends up being a favor to them, you can say I've lost their love and concern cause that's what it is.