Death is the only option for you

DORIS' POV

I still can't believe I will be getting married tomorrow, I mean what's going on? Every time I move closer to Dylan I feel something else but everyone in this house is crazy because they keep telling me he is just a friend I brought home even says the same and there are still some fuzzy images in my head like a past I cannot remember.

Tomorrow, there will be two wedding ceremonies my wedding with Thomas and the union of Dylan and Emily, Thomas's silly friend. Even if Dylan wants to stay in this house he shouldn't make it so obvious. How can he get married to someone he met in two weeks, he must have some hidden agenda behind it.

But what could it be exactly? What does he want from this house? Why does he want to marry her and why did she agree because she was all bent over it? The only person I have to save now from falling into the wrong hands is Emily, I won't let her ruin her life. I must cancel their marriage one way or the other.

I looked up and glared at the wall clock which had struck past nine and he was not home yet. By tomorrow evening everything will change if I cannot stop the marriage between Dylan and Emily. No matter what happens I have to hatch a plan on how to stop their wedding at all cost.

*************
WRITER'S POV

"But how do we stop them? I am doing everything you are asking us to do. I am helping you today because you are helping us and we have to put an end to those people. They have killed my father and now they want to sell the country?" Dylan said to Flora who was busy flipping the pages of the book she was holding.

"Not only you but even I am shocked as to what they have as their prime motive. I am not sure about the lead I have yet so we do not end up stopping the wrong people and the evil ones get away easily. No matter what we do we have to be careful. You and Marvin both stay in that house which is risky enough because no one must find out about your relationship or identities. And the pandemic in the country they are somehow related to it one way or the other, that is why your wedding will be happening in the Varnado's mansion tomorrow. You have to be careful as we do not know the kind of guests that will be attending the wedding" Flora informed as she walked round the table.

"I know we have heard that conversation several times. And now I am even faking a marriage with a human just to make sure I stay close to that house. I am getting married to Emily which means I would be able to have access to the house anytime I wish. All this is complicated enough but if what we are about to do will save the country then I am ready" He said in defense of himself as he smirked while Flora smiled.

"That's nice! Tonight a traitor will be killed by Marvin while you get married silently so as not to draw any form of attraction to you" Flora added.

"But it's the red moon night when we are at our weakest" Dylan responded.

"Leave that alone first, we have to move on with the plan. Now you can leave and get ready to spend the rest of your life with a human" Flora said as she gave a mischievous wink to Dylan and laughed.

***************
The next evening came knocking faster than expected and the wedding atmosphere could be easily seen and perceived. Marvin stood at the reception as he gazed at the sky above. "What kind of test will this night hold? How will Dylan cope without revealing his identity to everyone even I cannot control myself somehow. This is the night of the red moon, It is the night where we are at our weakest" he said as he looked up again.

"Oh no!" he exclaimed "The blood moon is coming up, I won't be able to hold up any longer. Once the red moon touches my body, I will not be able to take on this human form for long. My secret will be out, I have to go out for a while" he said as he made his way out of the mansion. He walked nervously till he reached the back of the house breathing heavily "Ahhh.... the red moon is out and my human form will be lost as well. I have to stabilize my powers until midnight so I can kill that betrayal" he said as he closed his eyes and opened it which turned to blue and shone brightly, his powers surging inside him.

"Now that I have managed to stabilize my powers for a while, I have to call him out somehow. He has to meet his end in a few hours" Marvin said as he wiggled in pain.

Doris stormed into the room with her wedding dress where Thomas was dressing up for the wedding ceremony. "Doris! What are you doing here? Mother has said it is a bad omen for us to see before the marriage begins" Thomas said as he put on his wristwatch. Doris hugged him from behind and said "Do you still believe in those superstitions? Yes, I get this is Nigeria but is all that necessary? You are the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I know you always confess your love to me while I just behave somehow to you. I want to use this medium to convey my love to you" she said as she closed her eyes slowly while Thomas happily responded "I know how much you do and I love you as well"

"I am not getting a good or positive vibe from this security head. He has been hovering around everyone here since and most importantly his looks and all. Can he be trusted?" Sonya whispered to Mandy. "I do not know but he is the best we were able to get and most importantly he has been doing his job well for the past two weeks. He is the right man for the job, now take your mind off that" Mandy said to Sonya as she tapped her on her shoulder and left immediately while Sonya stared at Marvin suspiciously.

Bobby picked up a call that was coming in for him and he smiled happily "This night will be a great night for me after I finalize the deal to sell the country so they can do whatever they want with it and I will be loaded with cash that will be more than enough for my generations to come" Bobby said as he laughed and raised his hands high up in the air. Marvin saw him and saw the mole on his right hand.

"So he is the one with the mole on his hand, so he is the traitor. According to the pictures we saw earlier today, the person in this house with the mole in his hand is the country's traitor. The bride's father is the traitor, this will be fun as this wedding will turn into a burial ceremony" Marvin pouted angrily.

*****
Marvin walked closely behind Bobby as he made his way to the forest behind the house. "Hey!" Marvin shouted as soon as they had gone far enough from the mansion. Bobby turned around and looked at Marvin but what he saw left his mouth wide open. He saw Marvin's body covered in scales and his eyes were blue. "What ....what are you?" Bobby stammered as he fell to the floor.

"I believe you should not ask that question because you can see. I am a merman" he shouted as his voice echoed in the forest. "I have come to put an end to your atrocities, traitor," Marvin said with a grin but Bobby's response shocked him to the brim as Bobby laughed out loudly.

"Your death is right in front of you and you are smiling," Marvin said as he raised his voice.

"Shut up, Why won't I rejoice? Do you think I do not know that you are a merman as you had boldly said, I have known even before you got to know about my hideous intention? You found out my motive minutes ago and decided to kill me but no I have invited you here instead to kill you. I have believed that creatures like you are the best in knowledge but you are all fools.

With all the powers you have, you couldn't discover what really happened, plus the death of a member that occurred weeks ago we all became alert...... and that's why you will meet your end today, I have invited the best of all meroccultist. He has been nabbing useless creatures like you for the past thirty-five years. You have come to kill me but let us see how you save yourself" Bobby said to Marvin as he laughed again and snapped his fingers then the meroccultists came out in twos and began playing their instrument, Marvin became tensed as he listened to the occultists played their instrument. Marvin's body was shaking as he tried to cover his ears with his hands then he fell to the floor. Some occultists threw nets over him while some continued to play their instruments.

Dylan came running in as he saw what was going on. "Bobby!" he called out suddenly. "Yes," he replied as he turned back to face Dylan. "It's you, .... what are you doing here?" he asked immediately. "Isn't this the security-in-charge Mr. Marvin McMasters? So what is he doing here and why have you covered him with that net?" Dylan asked as he ran towards Marvin.

"Stop! Do not move closer to him. He is not any security head as well as a human but a merman, a treacherous merman who will be slaughtered tonight" Bobby said with a grin. Dylan looked at Marvin in the net who struggled to get himself out of it. Then Dylan screamed loud suddenly as the breeze blew causing a small wind.

"You can see what's happening here now. He is a merman. Don't go near him," Bobby warned as a gentle breeze blew. "I was just about to say that," Bobby continued, turning to Dylan. However, before he could say anything more, Dylan interrupted with a loud scream, "And so am I!" His eyes blazing with anger, Dylan added, "I am the most precious of them all. The Isnamerman!", Dylan thundered angrily.