Making the Stakes High

Even a few days after, the potion hadn't worn off making it so Cassie spent most of her time with Levi. If she wasn't with him, she was silent and keeping a hand over her mouth. While this seemed to be an unfortunate circumstance, neither party seemed bothered by it.

Not only did they have work together, but the pair spent most of their time getting better at Dekken 8 or watching anime. Cassie was so used to Levi's room that she even started falling asleep in there when she would attempt to pull two all-nighters in a row. This is how things were for the rest of the week.

When the weekend came around things came to a head.

This normally wouldn't have been much issue, but it started to bother nearly everyone with how close they were. The brothers didn't see why Levi was showing so much attention to a human and the girls didn't like the idea of a demon monopolizing their friend's time.

At some point, they wanted desperately to find out what they could do to finally break the potion.

"And Satan hasn't found anything?" Jessica asked Keris.

The girls were currently roaming the streets of the Devildom and heading to a cafe Asmo recommended they check out.

"No. He says it should have just worn off by now."

Quana groaned. "I'm all for Cassie being more social, but it's totally annoying that she focuses more on Levi than she does us."

"Tell me about it. Sometimes she doesn't even come back to our room. Essentially, she's with him twenty-four seven."

"We've got to do something about this," Quana said.

Keris hummed and stopped walking. "Hey, I can't believe I forgot about him. Why not ask Solomon for help?"

Quana let out a soft gasp. "You're right! Me and Solomon have been talking about other things and I didn't even think to ask him about this." Quana took out her phone and called him.

While they stood around Jessica spoke up. "I'm glad we're getting help from a human though. It's kind of hard to trust any of the brothers."

"Well really it's just Mammon, Belphie, and Asmo. Lucifer, Beel and Satan seem nice enough to help us without some strings attached." Keris explained.

"That doesn't give us very many options..."

Quana groaned. "I haven't even asked you anything and you already know what I'm talking about?" She paused. "You're weird. Somehow you got all that just from what I told you about Cassie choosing to play video games over having a spa day?"

Jessica snapped her fingers getting Quana's attention.

"Oh, sorry... look, can you help us or not?"

"It depends on what you want help with."

The girls all instantly looked behind them seeing Solomon approaching with a grin on his face.

"Why do you do that? And how did you know where we were?"

Solomon hung up and looked at Quana. "I have my methods... Anyways, I might be able to help you."

"But?"

"But, I know that spell—Deep Consciousness—and it honestly should be gone by now."

The girls were at a loss.

"Then why is Cassie still acting like she has to be around Levi?" Jessica questioned to herself.

"What exactly is Cassie doing anyways?"

"It's so weird. Any time Levi wants or asks for something it's like everything else becomes secondary. Like the other day, Cassie said she was gonna be busy and we found out she spent the whole day studying with Levi. Who studies that long?"