Ill Timed Reunion

As Cassie and Quana lived together with the boys, things did seem to be going fairly well. They still went to their last classes of the semester and by the Friday of the next week, they were officially finished with their classes and thankfully had passed their exams.

With school finally out of the way, their day to day turned into something very casual. Cassie and Levi got along well, Quana and Solomon were similar and they all chipped in to help as they lived together.

“Levi?” Cassie sat beside Levi as he watched anime on her laptop. Knowing he barely listened when he was watching something, Cassie figured this would be a good time to ask him. “You wanna go out with me?”

That very second he heard those words, his gaze went to her and Levi saw the smile she had.

“W-what are you talking about? You can’t ask something like that so randomly. Besides you… you want me to do what?”

Cassie giggled. “Dinner will be a little hard to make if we don’t have anything to cook. I wanted some help shopping. I would ask Quana or Solomon but they’re practicing some spells in my room.”

Levi seemed to calm down. “Oh… o-okay then.”

Cassie’s smile remained even after Levi returned to looking at the screen. “Just let me finish this last episode and we can go.”

“Okay.”

Just as soon as she was about to find something to occupy herself with, there was knocking at the front door. She didn’t usually get visitors, so she wondered who it was, but before she could check she heard a voice she instantly recognized.

“I know you’re in there! Open up Cassie, you’re not hiding from me.”

“Jess?” Cassie quickly went to the door and opened it only to see two of her and Quana’s other friends—Jessica and Keris.

They both seemed upset, but one was agitated while the other just seemed worried. It was more than obvious who was who when Jessica put her hands on her hips and shook her head.

“Have you ever thought about checking your phone, like, in the last week at all?”

Cassie let out a small laugh. “When have you ever known me to check my phone? When I’m busy, it’s pretty much just a piece of plastic.”

“Yeah, like always. Quana must have picked up that habit or something too because even she wasn’t responding to me.”

“She’s actually here.”

Jessica seemed confused. “Why?”

“Um, who’s that?” Keris finally spoke up and was pointing right at Levi who couldn’t hear them with his headphones on.

“So Quana’s here, you have some guy over and you didn’t think to tell either of us?”

“It’s not like either was easy to talk about.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Ow!” From inside the apartment, they heard Quana’s screaming. She rushed out holding her hand, Solomon was right behind her.

This got everyone’s attention and Jessica especially made a baffled sound.

“Another guy? What are you two doing?”

“I told you not to try conjuring fire Quana,” Solomon said standing behind her with an almost worried expression on his face.

“But I wanted to try it.” She was pouting. “Whatever, I’ll just have to get better.”