The Start of Week One

With the weekend now over, Cassie sat around the courtyard with everyone else as they all got ready to start their first days at their jobs. At this point, they were waiting on the individuals they were going to be spending the week with.

"I swear, I never thought demons could be so late just to meet up somewhere." Jessica complained.

"I have to ask, did Levi text you?" Keris asked Cassie.

"He pretty much texts me all the time, and there's no way I can interrupt the paragraphs he sends me."

Quana groaned. "Isn't that annoying? Who wants to read all of that all the time."

"I didn't say I minded it, he just does that."

"Your patience must be through the roof." Quana mumbled.

"It's funny how you're willing to text him so much, but you always ignore our messages until the last second."

"Did you forget that sometimes I don't have anything to say about celebrity gossip and influencer drama?"

"We're aware, but it's hard to talk about what you're into."

"I know," Cassie simply said, "that's why I don't complain, but I can't force myself to talk about things I know nothing about. Wouldn't that be more annoying if I was always asking who someone was or what something means all the time?"

"I think you guys are missing the main point." Keris got their attention. "The real thing is that Cassie cares at all."

"Yeah!" Quana exclaimed. "What's up with that? I've been meaning to ask about that, but do you and Levi have something going on?"

Cassie just looked at the devious blue eyes that looked up at her.

She then scoffed. "Maybe you should go ask Solomon, after all he and Levi are friends."

Quana did a 180 at that and let out a slight gasp. "Yeah he told me they are, but not how they became friends. I wanted to ask him, but it's his business, you know?"

"I certainly do."

With the conversation successfully detracted, Cassie was able to avoid a conversation she wasn't ready to have. She stole at glance at Keris knowing she might have been the only one who really noticed anything between her and Levi. She was fine with her assuming something, but until she resolved things herself, she didn't need someone prodding into a topic that was more likely nothing than something.

"Hey~"

They looked to the courtyard entrance and saw Lucifer, Levi, Asmo, and Beel all approaching them. Asmo seemed the most excited and upon his appearance, Quana came from her distraction.

"Asmo, did you get everything ready?"

"Of course. I wasn't going to let you show me up, so we should be ready to start!"

Lucifer let out a sigh. "What are you two planning?"

"It's nothing bad, Lucifer. Me and Quana just decided we're gonna end our week with a super fancy party at The Fall."

"Yeah, the theme is going to be royalty! Since you guys are princes and there is a soon to be king here, I figured it'd be a good idea."

"I'm the person who picked our outfits though." Asmo boasted.

"Only because you refused to let me, saying humans couldn't have a better style than you; but you obviously must be blind." With a dainty flick, Quana presented her stylized uniform to the group.

"That's nothing, you should see what I can do." Asmo boasted.

"Then go ahead, I'll be waiting."

"Anyways." Lucifer quickly moved on. "Do you intend on inviting us all?"