Similarities

Quana had fallen asleep on her couch and by the time Cassie realized, it was past ten. Cassie didn't have morning classes the next day, but Quana did.

"Hey, Quana?"

Quana softly woke up, sat up and let out a soft yawn. "Did I… seriously fall asleep?" Quana groaned, checking the time on her phone. "Great."

Cassie offered a shy chuckle. "Sorry, I guess I was too focused; but if you want, you can just stay here for the night."

"No, I gotta head home and do my skincare."

"You could just use some of my stuff."

"We could spread bacteria that way, thanks for the offer though." With another yawn, Quana started to collect her things. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, get home safe though."

"I will, bye."

Once Quana left, Cassie was about to continue playing. That's when she realized Levi should probably come out of her room. She hoped he found something to occupy himself with, but she didn't expect to see what she did.

In her room, Levi was curled up in the corner, soundly asleep. Astonished by how comfortable he looked, she went over to wake yet another person. When her hand inched towards him, she felt a rigid cold in the air around him.

"Is he alright?" Cassie shook him awake, and unlike Quana, he was much more irritable.

"Leave me alone." He turned himself further in the corner.

"Levi, you're actually really cold, are you okay?"

Cassie paused and realized she was giving a level of concern she probably shouldn't have. Maybe this was normal for demons?

Levi did wake up and got to his feet after a few groggy seconds on the floor.

"Did Quana leave?" He asked.

Her eyes narrowed. "Oh but you say her name." Cassie turned her back. "Yeah, so you can come out now. I'm still playing it though so you'll have to wait if you wanna play."

Cassie was swiftly out of the room and sat on her couch. Levi was slow to follow her, but did and they returned to the same seats they had been in the night before. When she unpaused the game, Levi spoke up.

"What are you doing anyways? Your map is almost complete, but you still haven't done the main quest?"

"Besides my weapons being total garbage, I'm taking this game as slow as I can. After five years of waiting, I'm in no rush to finish. Besides, I love finding the easter eggs on the map and would prefer finding as many places and items as I can."

"You mean the names and stuff?"

"Yeah, it's so cool seeing the devs appreciate the older games. I didn't get to play most of them when they first released, but they're amazing and it's cool seeing them get some recognition. Like the name of this mountain was actually a castle in one of the games."

Levi said nothing after that and the silence grew over them.

Cassie sighed. "Sorry."

"Huh, what are you apologizing for?"

"I just… know that can get annoying, I ramble sometimes."

He scoffed. "That's what normies say. A true fan of something talks about it whenever they can!"

Cassie gave a slight glance to Levi, but tried to remain focused.

"Is that why… you talked about that show like that?"

"What? Lulu, the absolute princess, and the Fairy Prince?"

"Yeah. I've heard of it, but it's kind of hard to get into anime now."

"That's funny, considering I saw your playtime by accident. It's an impressive start, I'll give you that."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Your flexing aside, that's exactly why. I don't have time to watch three episodes of a show to see if it's bad or not, then study, do homework, and then play my games for hours on end. I'd probably die if that was the case."

"Ah, so you just need someone to point you in the right direction. Well, then you've come to the perfect person!" Levi moved to sit closer to her. "So tell me, young one, what are you looking for?"

Cassie couldn't help but laugh. At this point the game was paused. "Uh, I'm not really looking for anything."

"Just play along, tell me what you're typically into."

Cassie gave a small shrug. "Well, I really like action/adventure, mysteries or supernatural. I kind of don't wanna watch a shonen 'cause I've seen those my whole life."

"Okay, I'll let you play for now and I'll make you a list you're sure to love. If you have anything else, just tell me. The more detailed the better."

Cassie could feel herself smile, no matter how much she tried not to. It was almost as if his company was comforting her. She couldn't understand how or even why this feeling emerged, but she paid no mind to it and returned to gaming…

This comforting feeling she got took her from the late hours of the night to early in the morning. She fell asleep the same way she did the night before, but instead of being met with an annoyed demon, she awoke to Levi with an expectant look over his face.

She groaned sitting up. "It's way too early for you to be looking like that."

"What are you- ugh, whatever. I stayed up all night and made this!"

Proudly pesenting his phone, Cassie saw a long list of names she could only assume were different anime for her to watch. This wasn't just a small ten title list, this was almost three pages just full of titles.

"Are you… are you okay?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Because who stays up all night doing this?"

"Someone who was asked to help the unfortunate?"

"I'm not a charity case."

"You're almost there."

Cassie was about to continue their petty disagreement when she noticed how comfortably she was talking.

She calmed down. "I guess I should thank you then."

"Thank me?" Levi looked off. "Y-you don't have to thank me for something so simple."

"Even if it was, you didn't have to do it, so the least I could do is thank you."

Levi was unusually quiet in this moment. Cassie used this time to go to her kitchen, hoping to find anything to eat.

"Say, uh, Cassie?"

Amazed to hear her name, she faced him seeing Levi still on her couch, but his face was hidden from her.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you have school today?"

"Uh, not right now. Later in the day I do."

"Then, are you gonna keep playing?"

"Probably, I'm a little exhausted though."

"I'll play then and you can… get some rest or whatever humans do."

Cassie smiled at his obvious attempt at an insult.

"I'm fine with that, but at least save my game for me." She teased him and with a slight giggle, she continued to look for breakfast.

In the corner of her eye, she could see Levi with a slight blush over his face. At this moment, it almost felt as if he were a regular person. The fact he was a demon who appeared in her room seemed to fade away at times and this moment was no exception.

She didn't know if that was a good thing or not, but she didn't question it anymore than she had to.