Pop Quiz Chapter - A Pet's Peeves

🍊: So, I wanted to have these just to indicate a "break" in the chapters. I won't actually be taking a break as I do that enough, but there just here to be like the seasons in Obey Me! This one I actually finished while spamming battles in the on-going event. I thought to post today cuz the game gave me back-to-back blessings and I manged to get Levi's card 🤧 you're not here for that, but I wanted to also say this is very obviously based on Nightbringer's boss stages. I actually sometimes screw up when playing against Levi's boss stage cuz I get distracted by that cute bubble boi so it's safe to say I think he's adorable 💞 Anyways, enjoy reading!

~~~~~~~~

"So, you mean to tell me there's something inside this bubble?" Cassie kept her gaze on the ball of water in front of her and had a hard time understanding what she was seeing. The skepticism in her voice was evidence of that.

Just as she was about to ask herself another question a small star hit her cheek making her flinch reactively.

Someone quickly went over to her. "Sorry about that," Quana said, lifting her palm to reveal her own Baby Devil—the creature who had hit Cassie. Despite the name, her's wasn't actually a demon, but another species of magic user. "I don't think he wants to stay here for much longer."

"Maybe you can tell him he's not being replaced. Me and Keris still aren't finished, but he'll be able to go home soon."

"Maybe you are." Quana stepped up and saw the ball of water in a tank. "The papers say it's been here a while and no one's even considered adopting it."

"Yeah... I'm just wondering why?" Cassie's gaze returned to the ball of water and she once again saw nothing. She let out a sigh when Keris joined them and it seemed she was ready to leave.

"Oh? Are you finished looking?"

"Yeah and look who I get to take home." Keris presented the small fireproof cage housing a tiny Prince of Hell.

"He's so cute!" Quana said, getting closer to the cage. "What's his name?"

"They said it's Diavolo. He apparently believes he's the ruler of the realm," Keris said with a small giggle.

"Hey, that's just like little Monny here. They said his little stars are his "grand ability" at sorcery." When she said that a few stars came from the creature.

"All these guys think they're so grandiose huh?" Keris smiled at Diavolo as he walked around in his cage. "Well, they said I was okay to take him home, that I could finish the adoption papers later."

"Good then all that's left is for Cassie too-"

"Actually, we can just go home."

"What? Weren't you also gonna adopt?"

"I was, but I don't really see one I like yet." She forced out a smile. "It's fine, I'll come back at some other time."

Quana and Keris looked at one another, but gave a soft shrug.

"Alright then, but would you guys be up to helping me set up his habitat at home?"

"You guys helped me with his, so of course I'll help!"

"I can't resist such a cute little guy," Cassie said with a soft chuckle.

The girls made their way out of the exotic pet shop and back to Keris' place to help her set up the home of her newest resident.

...

By the time Keris got everything together properly, Cassie was heading back to her place in the dead of night. She was more than exhausted and wanted nothing else than to get in bed and fall asleep. As she walked, however, she saw everyone had a Baby Devil of their own.