Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Watch out for yourself, love." And so, with the bag on his shoulder, he disappeared through the orange portal.

Wanda was alone.

Kamar-Taj, three days later

Victor Faust POV

No matter how much time he spends there, the mirror dimension always gives him nausea.

"Come on, mister Faust! Surely, you can do more than that." The voice of the Ancient One taunted him and echoed all around him. The world spun again, and the chamber walls twisted and shifted. Suddenly, a rain of orange needles dropped on him from all sides. With a growl, Victor raised his hands high and formed a deep blue barrier that stopped them all in place. The needles started to change color and break, but another wave dropped. The barrier started to crack, as some passed through, only to disappear inside his body. With a scream, the shield dropped completely, which caused the remaining needles to hit their target, causing another scream from Victor.

"Blood sadists..." He had to quickly get up and take control of a yellow beam of energy that almost hit his face. Victor's order magic reshaped the beam into a ball that was launched in the general vicinity where he heard The Ancient One. He did not have a chance to see the results as thin orange strings held his arms and legs, holding him in place. From the left, a man in green robes punched the ground and turned it into a wave of rocks. With a loud groan, Victor hit the wall and slumped to the ground.

"Still not good enough, Mister Faust." The Ancient one appeared before him with a smirk. Victor took the offered hand and grimaced at the Sorcerer Supreme.

"You are enjoying this."

"We all enjoy tutoring promising young magic-wielders." From behind, the ever-twisting walls emerged Wong and Mordo, who stood next to her.

"This would be different If I could fight back."

"The use of order magic must become your second nature, and you will only do that through such continuous exercises." Said the Ancient One patiently. "Order magic comes from a different dimension. You've always been subconsciously tapping to it. That's why your magic is always blue. However, you are far from an expert."

"There will be time for actual combat." Said Wong.

"I'm eagerly awaiting it."

"So am I, Victor." Mordo smirked.

"All right, everyone, we start from the top. Wong, Mordo, back to your positions."

"Fuck my life." Victor groaned.

Two weeks later.

"So yeah, it comes down to me getting my ass kicked and hitting the floor."

"Surely, there is more to it than that."

"It is. I'm just venting." Wanda's sweet giggle echoed through his phone.

"You can vent as much as you wish, darling."

"To be perfectly honest, the order magic is fascinating. In theory, I could take control and reshape any spell. Furthermore, this place is like a gold mine for the dark arts. I've nicked a few spells that I am eager to show you."

"I can hardly wait, my teacher." Wanda practically purred the last word.

"Mhm... I miss you."

"I miss you too." After a pause, she added. "We have a trail of Rumlow."

"Oh really?"